Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on November 28, 2014, 11:35:22 am
-
TITAN...
-
Peter,
Where is the focal point of this picture, the centre of interest, the thing that hangs it all together, the ephemeral element that makes you say 'Jesus'?
Something else that really bugs me about an image like this is the verticals - after all, it's so easy nowadays to correct that stuff.
Sorry.
-
For once I disagree with Seamus. I think the distorted verticals add to the dynamism of the shot. I like it.
-
Fine, Russ, that's just a point - where's the central bit of the shot?
-
Fine, Russ, that's just a point - where's the central bit of the shot?
For me it's the great, "titanic" figure with the handbag in the upper right. Who knows which of the unsuspecting creatures below might get clobbered next by a swing of that great, star-encrusted handbag?
-
I hear what you're saying, Seamus, but I'm not sure every photograph has to have a central point of focus. I don't agree with Eric that the picture with the handbag is the focus point. She's overwhelmed by the bright lights below which make the store dummy in the window the immediate catch point. I can't really do an academic analysis, but I still like it.
-
I think this image works because it's disorienting, dystopian.
-
I think this image works because it's disorienting, dystopian.
That sums it up nicely for me.