Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: danjuan09 on November 28, 2014, 09:23:38 am
-
Hey guys
I've read through a few posts regarding the colormunki and argyll but i cannot get it to work on yosemite.
I installed the latest version of ColorMunki Photo and I've tried dispcalGUI and the ColorMunki is greyed out. I've tried following the guide on the argyll website but it's not getting me far. So here's what i've tried so far.
So far I have downloaded ArgyllCMS and copied it to the applications folder
I then open Terminal and paste
cd ~
followed by
whoami
(make a note of the name but it should be your name)
Paste this line into terminal
cp /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.xrite.device.xrdd.plist temp.plist
followed by
open temp.plist (Xcode should now open)
Hover your mouse over the root line and click +
Now add the result of whoami for the key
add string for type and myusername for the value and close
Now go back to Terminal and paste
sudo cp temp.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.xrite.device.xrdd.plist
then enter your password
Now past this line into terminal
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.xrite.device.xrdd.plist
followed by this line
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.xrite.device.xrdd.plist
A popup will now appear to say that colormunki is now disconnected
So far this seems ok, Not sure if it works as I don't know what to do yet but it's from the installations guide although i made it simpler to read and changed the file name as it must of changed.
What do I need to do now or what have I done wrong?
-
they just released a new new version of the CM PHoto software (v1.2.1) in the last day or so. Are you sure you have that
one vs. the one released a week or so ago (v1.2.0) ??
As an aside, did you try to use the Xrite CM software *before* you started w/ Argyll to see if that works?
Did you go into System Prefs and shut off the XRite Services (there should be an item for the XRite services or Colormunki)?
As I recall, Argyll can't connect to the device if the Xrite services software is running.
-
OK, so it turns out I had version 1.2, just upgraded.
here no longer seems to be an x-rite or colormunki pref in system preferences, although I did delete the software and at least dispcalgui worked.
So I can now test the screen with that but there is no way to adjust the rgb on an iMac.
So now back to argyll and try to work out how that works.