Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on November 26, 2014, 07:53:26 am
-
Safe Passage...
Peter
-
This one immediately brings to my mind a scene from one of the old Seinfeld episodes. in which Kramer and George (if I remember correctly) are attempting to move a pinball machine across a busy New York street.
The scene is shown as an aerial view, looking down on them as they try to avoid traffic coming in both directions. This is a direct reference to the classic computer game Frogger! (Oh, how I miss Frogger on my old Commodore 64. The PC version was never as good.)
-
Peter,
It looks like I have a pick on you tonight and I'm sorry about that, but this is a meaningless picture. There is no complexity, ambiguity, human condition, blah blah in there. You have posted some tremendous street stuff here in the past, and I admire your material on your website as well. So, all well and done.
-
I agree with Seamus, Peter. Having posted more than my quota of mistakes, all I can say is: sorry.
-
Jesus, Russ, isn't very hard to judge our own work.
-
I donno, Seamus. It isn't if you wait long enough, but sometimes you feel you just shot the greatest thing since Behind the Gare St. Lazare, and it isn't until after you've posted it and checked back to absorb all the kudos that you find somebody has pointed out that it's more like behind the pruning shed than behind the Gare. At that point you begin to see where you went wrong and swear you'll never again post in haste -- an oath you'll probably violate before the weather turns.