Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: walter.sk on November 24, 2014, 02:04:00 pm

Title: Epson 4900 Error 1138
Post by: walter.sk on November 24, 2014, 02:04:00 pm
On occasion when I start up my 3 1/2 year-old Epson 4900 printer I get Error 1138, which says to call Epson if it doesn't go away after restarting.  It has appeared about 3 times in the last few months (unfortunately after the 3-year extended warranty) and the printer has rebooted successfully after powering down and restarting.

I googled the error and it says "Over Current Error."  Does anybody with Epsons have experience with this?  A call to Epson would be expensive now that the printer is beyond warranty.
Title: Re: Epson 4900 Error 1138
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 24, 2014, 02:36:57 pm
I believe you have free access to Epson ProGraphics telephone support well after your warranty is expired. Call them to make sure, and if so, ask them this question.
Title: Re: Epson 4900 Error 1138
Post by: walter.sk on November 24, 2014, 06:04:34 pm
Thanks.  I'll give them a call tomorrow during business hours.