Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bellimages on November 19, 2014, 08:17:32 pm
-
The 7900/9900 have been around a few years. It would seem about time for a replacement to me. Has anyone heard anything that would suggest that we'll see something soon? I hate buying a new 7900 (with clogging issues) if something better will be available in the near future.
-
Epson has just announced a new printing technology being implemented in a 13" printer model. Given the very high development costs of such new technologies it would be unreasonable to think it won't be ported into larger size professional printers in the fulness of time. They aren't saying when, so until they make an announcement there is no certainty. I wouldn't rush to replace a current model unless I really needed a new printer urgently. I have no reason to think this, but my git instinct tells me not to expect any further announcements within the next few months - but I could be pleasantly surprised.