Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: jhemp on November 18, 2014, 10:32:56 am

Title: Buffalo Bar
Post by: jhemp on November 18, 2014, 10:32:56 am
The infamous Buffalo Bar in Silver City, NM.  I was sleepless one night so I made my way downtown Silver City with camera and tripod.  This image is heavily dropped down to around a 13MP image from 24MP but still makes a very nice print at 20x30in. 
Title: Re: Buffalo Bar
Post by: RSL on November 18, 2014, 11:26:56 am
Good shooting Hemp, but why did you shoot at f/8 and ISO 100, which caught what looks like light streaks from, I'd guess, a passing vehicle? The Sony you're shooting with will go up to ISO 6400. Since I don't own one and can't try it to see how bad the noise is at 6400, I have to guess that maybe the noise level is too high. But f/8? Maybe you were going for the movement I see in the figures. That's okay, but the light streak slashing over the girl on the left doesn't seem right to me.
Title: Re: Buffalo Bar
Post by: jhemp on November 18, 2014, 01:06:42 pm
I was going for motion with the people and a car happened into the scene.  The light streak doesn't bother me so much, I kind of like it.  Thanks for the input.