Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mark Lindquist on November 15, 2014, 08:45:36 pm

Title: Z3200 Color Sensor EPS tips?
Post by: Mark Lindquist on November 15, 2014, 08:45:36 pm
Just finished doing a belt replacement, rear carriage bushing replacement and replaced the fan in the power supply unit.  All went back together well - it's a 24" unit, and no real problems reassembling.

Going through service calibrations and carriage assembly failed with a 58:11 error code.  Saying the color sensor DeltaE failed. 

I realized I failed to clean the color sensor before putting the printer back together.  Crap.

Anyone have a trick for cleaning the color sensor without tearing the whole machine apart again?
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Sensor EPS tips?
Post by: Geraldo Garcia on November 15, 2014, 10:12:11 pm
Nah... Don't stress over it! It is a common bug.
If your printer can properly calibrate and profile papers it is fine.
I had that after a carriage replacement. The technician left without executing the service calibrations and when I got the same error I almost went berserk. Luckily I found that it is a (quite unbelievable) bug that happens all the time. Just ignore it. Have a look:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=75254.0
Title: Re: Z3200 Color Sensor EPS tips?
Post by: Mark Lindquist on November 15, 2014, 10:27:46 pm
Thanks Geraldo, ironically I just finished reading thqt thread before coming back here.
Runs like a sewing machine.
So I'm good to go....