Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: ny_surfer on December 09, 2005, 11:28:33 pm
-
Will I notice a difference between the quality of the picture between the 85mm L vs non L on a canon 20 D?
-
It is my understanding that the 85 non L is prone to CA.
-
Read this review (http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/85mm/).
-
that review is good...
just from personal experience the L is great for portraiture in comparison, where as the non L is what you'd want for sports n such (the L version is sloowww focus).
Anyways to directly answer your question, I don't think you'll see the difference when it comes to whether its L or not, it's the bokeh. the f/1.2 on the L is priceless.
-
But wouldn't 1.2 be so shallow its unusable for a portrait?
-
um....no
-
Thanks for the review link, it answered some questions for me. Now I only have to decide if bokeh is more important than weight, quick autofocus and price~