Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: vjbelle on November 14, 2014, 03:46:38 pm

Title: English Lake District
Post by: vjbelle on November 14, 2014, 03:46:38 pm
I'm planning to visit and photograph in the area and am curious if anyone knows the name of the town pictured on the home Page......

Thanks in advance....

Victor
Title: Re: English Lake District
Post by: Chairman Bill on November 14, 2014, 03:52:54 pm
Victor - that photo wasn't taken in the Lake District. The town is Staithes, on the Yorkshire coast
Title: Re: English Lake District
Post by: vjbelle on November 14, 2014, 04:05:48 pm
Thanks so much for the information.  I'm just now researching where I should camp myself for 7 to 9 nights or to move around.  Seems fairly easy to use a picturesque village as a base but I'm just in the research stage. 

Thanks again....

Victor
Title: Re: English Lake District
Post by: john beardsworth on November 14, 2014, 04:19:41 pm
Victor

I'd suggest you should start a thread in the photo locations section. Say what time of year you plan to go, what you like to photograph, and how mobile you are (car, hill walking). I spend a lot of time in Borrowdale - I'm there right now - and there are campsites (http://www.chapelhousefarmcampsite.co.uk/) and youth hostels.

John