Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: sniper on November 12, 2014, 12:16:22 pm

Title: Shallow water DSLR shooting hints?
Post by: sniper on November 12, 2014, 12:16:22 pm
I've just got a housing for the camera and plan on doing some shallow water photography, just below the surface, waves ect, any hints or tips, this in a totally new area for me, I'm guessing manual focus?
Thanks Wayne
Title: Re: Shallow water DSLR shooting hints?
Post by: LesPalenik on November 15, 2014, 07:01:23 am
Quote
I've just got a housing for the camera and plan on doing some shallow water photography,

I have a completely different housing. The water here is getting a tad cold for wading, but on the other hand it is much clearer than in the summer.

Title: Re: Shallow water DSLR shooting hints?
Post by: sniper on November 17, 2014, 10:06:13 am
It's going to be pretty cold here too, it's around 14c where I am.
Title: Re: Shallow water DSLR shooting hints?
Post by: LesPalenik on November 17, 2014, 05:33:05 pm
Consider yourself to be lucky! We got today in Ontario several inches of wet snow, I hanged up the snorkel, and got out the snow shovel.
In my local pond, all frogs, snakes and turtles are now gone, only a lone muskrat was still cruising in the middle of the nearby marsh.