Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on November 11, 2014, 08:00:25 pm

Title: Laundry
Post by: RSL on November 11, 2014, 08:00:25 pm
These two hang in our laundry room.
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 11, 2014, 09:40:52 pm
Another good reminder of the old ways.
I bet you have more modern equipment now in your laundry room. At least a washboard?  ;)
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: stamper on November 12, 2014, 03:45:18 am
Are these ladies doing your laundry? :) A nice piece of nostalgia.
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: petermfiore on November 12, 2014, 08:52:41 am
Great shots, Russ. Well done. What camera were you using back in 1953?


Peter
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: RSL on November 12, 2014, 09:14:26 am
Thanks, Peter. If I remember correctly I was shooting a Zeiss Ikoflex. It was a poor man's Rollei. Got the Rollei later on (even though I was still poor). And Eric, here's a picture from 11 years later in Thailand that hangs over the dryer. To answer Stamper: I'm not sure. I don't remember how I got my laundry done in Korea, but mine could have been in that second picture. Those gals were out there all day on the river doing laundry. We lived in WW II Japanese barracks and somebody picked up and delivered our laundry.
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: Chris_Brown on November 12, 2014, 09:31:34 am
Wow! 1953! I think those pics are great. The clothing they're wearing looks very clean, too. I wonder what the water quality is like now.
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: RSL on November 12, 2014, 11:04:20 am
Forgot to say that the 1953 shots are from Korea.
Title: Re: Laundry
Post by: tom b on November 12, 2014, 10:33:35 pm
At least the Koreans had clothing lines. It's interesting to see how some people in India dry their laundry (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=laundry+drying+on+ground+india&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_yRkVLKCDuPcmAXX0oCYCw&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643).

Cheers,