Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 11, 2014, 02:00:05 pm

Title: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 11, 2014, 02:00:05 pm
Bravo Kevin.

Your image "Quiraing Trotternish" has all the qualities of an old master and is excellent.

I am so happy that you managed to get something so very worthwhile from your visit to Scotland and especially the beautiful Isle of Skye.

Dave.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 11, 2014, 03:20:05 pm
Indeed, Dave!

As I commented on his Facebook page: "So 19th century painting! So The Lord of the Rings!" And shall I add, so restrained processing :)
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: slowframe on November 11, 2014, 03:42:44 pm
Bravo Kevin.

Your image "Quiraing Trotternish" has all the qualities of an old master and is excellent.

I am so happy that you managed to get something so very worthwhile from your visit to Scotland and especially the beautiful Isle of Skye.

Dave.

I was similarly struck. A beautiful photograph.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: NancyP on November 11, 2014, 04:12:31 pm
This is a wonderful photograph, gently processed and very natural and pleasing to my eye.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: fdisilvestro on November 11, 2014, 06:12:30 pm
Wonderful image and processing!
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 11, 2014, 06:17:29 pm
What can I possibly add to what's already been said. This one is just lovely.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: dchew on November 11, 2014, 06:18:00 pm
Marvelous image Kevin! From another world or another time.

Dave
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Chrisso26 on November 11, 2014, 07:11:30 pm
Excellent.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: michael on November 11, 2014, 07:44:30 pm
Now, imagine it with +20 Vibrance!

(Just kidding).

One of Kevin's recent best.

Michael
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 11, 2014, 09:34:50 pm
Now, imagine it with +20 Vibrance!

(Just kidding).

One of Kevin's recent best.

Michael

Before I saw this one, I suspected Kevin's Vibrance slider was stuck at +100. I'm glad you fixed it for him, Michael.   :D ;D
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Harald L on November 12, 2014, 02:43:57 am
Painterly and wonderful! Congrats to that picture.

Harald
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: stamper on November 12, 2014, 03:41:45 am
Make no mistake this is a very fine image. Nothing here to complain about.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: SanderKikkert on November 12, 2014, 04:10:12 am
Nothing to add other than that  I'd hope to visit the Isle of Skye one day and would be more than content to return with such a wonderful image.
Regards, Sander
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: RobbieV on November 12, 2014, 10:04:03 am
I'll echo the others as well. Lovely image, Kevin.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 12, 2014, 10:29:26 am
Superb photograph. Very reminiscent of the lighting and hues of the "old masters" landscape paintings.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: ripgriffith on November 12, 2014, 01:53:06 pm
Now, imagine it with +20 Vibrance!

(Just kidding).

One of Kevin's recent best.

Michael

+1
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 13, 2014, 08:43:25 am
As another poster said above, it really looks like it's out of the Lord of the Rings imaginary world.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Martin Ocando on November 13, 2014, 10:13:14 am
Completely lovely and breathtaking. Although, and Kevin please forgive me if I'm wrong, but to my eye, the picture looks a tiny bit slanted to the left. Just looking at the horizon and the underside of the clouds, it seems like it to me.
Title: Re: Quiraing Trotternish
Post by: Isaac on November 13, 2014, 11:42:21 am
As another poster said above, it really looks like it's out of the Lord of the Rings imaginary world.

aka New Zealand.