Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JB Rasor on November 11, 2014, 01:03:06 am

Title: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: JB Rasor on November 11, 2014, 01:03:06 am
This may be an easy fix, but I can't seem to find info on it anywhere, and I'm curious what the test print/nozzle check is telling me. 

I switched my Epson 3880 to Matte Black Ink for the first time in months, and the blacks are printing heavy green. I switched back to Photo Black and now the blacks are printing heavy teal.

All profiles and settings are correct, but I ran a nozzle check and got some missing spots.

Any help? Please!!

Thanks guys!!
JB
Title: Re: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: JB Rasor on November 11, 2014, 01:03:32 am
The Print
Title: Re: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: JB Rasor on November 11, 2014, 01:05:21 am
Nozzle Check
Title: Re: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: BobShaw on November 11, 2014, 06:42:53 am
You need to clean it until it's not missing spots. Sorry, but it's as simple as that.
Title: Re: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: JB Rasor on November 11, 2014, 07:04:09 am
Hey Bob, I did a power clean and it seems to be back on track. I have noticed though that deep blacks have a purplish cast when Matte Black is printing...obviously more pronounced when the nozzle is clogged. Have you, or anyone else observed the same? Thanks again!
Title: Re: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: BobShaw on November 12, 2014, 06:16:08 pm
No, sorry I haven't observed that. If the test pattern is OK then it is probably a print profile or possibly driver issue.
Title: Re: Epson 3880 Printing Strange Colors
Post by: Some Guy on November 12, 2014, 08:43:20 pm
Some papers take a long time to dry and will show a bluish tinge to the blacks until fully dried.  One paper I have takes about an hour before the black looks black, and not a blue-black.  Another that refuses to not smudge even in a day still still blue-black, and the inks bleed into adjacent colors on it too so it's not my paper of choice.

I'm still out on the profile tuning with OBC papers and the i1 PhotoPro 2 software too as it sometimes makes a blue black for the profile.  I pretty much quit using the OBC side of it and profile normally.

SG