Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: uintaangler on November 09, 2014, 05:29:01 pm

Title: Printing a Canvas Gallery Wrap with Mirror Image using Lightroom?
Post by: uintaangler on November 09, 2014, 05:29:01 pm
I have always done all my printing right in the LR Print module
I just purchased an Epson 4900 and I am currently trying out my first roll of Canvas ( Breathing Color Lyve ).
Obviously, I won't be doing lots of Gallery Wraps using a 17" wide printer, but if I did want to try some smaller Mirror Image Gallery Wraps can the mirror image be done in Lightroom?
How?

Thanks,
Bob
Title: Re: Printing a Canvas Gallery Wrap with Mirror Image using Lightroom?
Post by: jferrari on November 10, 2014, 12:32:59 am
No. You'll need a trip to PS or equivalent for the wrap.   - Jim
Title: Re: Printing a Canvas Gallery Wrap with Mirror Image using Lightroom?
Post by: uintaangler on November 10, 2014, 08:47:44 am
Thanks Jim,
As I said, I do all my printing using the LR Print module and as a total non-technie I find it easy to understand and use
How difficult will it be to learn how to print from Photoshop?
Bob
Title: Re: Printing a Canvas Gallery Wrap with Mirror Image using Lightroom?
Post by: Kanvas Keepsakes on November 10, 2014, 09:57:55 am
Do the work in PS then print from LR.
Title: Re: Printing a Canvas Gallery Wrap with Mirror Image using Lightroom?
Post by: BradSmith on November 10, 2014, 06:34:49 pm

How difficult will it be to learn how to print from Photoshop?
Bob

Printing from photoshop, while more difficult than from LR, isn't all that hard. But doing the mirror wrap edges is a real chore unless you use a feature known as an action.  Actions are pre-written sets of instructions that you create in Photoshop and then run automatically by calling on them to run.  Some people have written actions to automatically add mirror images to the sides of your image just for this purpose.  Look for them here on Lula and with Google.  But photoshop definitely has a learning curve.
Brad
Title: Re: Printing a Canvas Gallery Wrap with Mirror Image using Lightroom?
Post by: JeanMichel on November 10, 2014, 07:20:03 pm
Hi,
In LuLa's video journal 19 there is a good demonstration and instruction on the subject by Andrew Collett.
Jean-Michel