Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on November 08, 2014, 12:14:25 pm

Title: Island
Post by: William Walker on November 08, 2014, 12:14:25 pm
I have been away for a while and got this one up in the Drakensberg.

Slobodan will know where the influence came from!

Thanks for looking,
William
Title: Re: Island
Post by: David Eckels on November 08, 2014, 12:20:08 pm
Hi William,
FWIW, I think this image has a lot of potential, including the peaceful mood; I like it. That being said, there is something I cannot quite put my finger on that "bothers" me. Perhaps it is the lack of separation between the island and the shore; see what the others think. I do like the B&W rendering.
Title: Re: Island
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 08, 2014, 12:27:20 pm
Crop it to a square and I'd definitely know where the influence came from ;)

Very tranquil mood.

As for the separation, perhaps dodging the tall tree/bush or applying stronger local clarity there might help?