Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Graham Clark on November 07, 2014, 08:30:58 pm

Title: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Graham Clark on November 07, 2014, 08:30:58 pm
Hey fellow landscape photographers,

Today I launched a new line of Neutral Density and UV filters on Kickstarter called the X-Series filters: http://www.breakthrough.photography/ (http://http://www.breakthrough.photography/)

I've spent the last 6 months researching, designing and testing hundreds of prototypes to get to this point, and I'm really excited to share these with you:


The X3 and X2 come in both 3-stop, 6-stop and UV, whereas the X1 is UV.

Also right now and during the Kickstarter launch they are essentially 50% off until the end of the launch.

So a 82mm X1 UV filter with MRC4, weather-sealing and 3.5mm on the frame height is only $20.

Or a 82mm Neutral Density 6-stop Brass Traction Frame with MRC16, nanotec® and weather-sealing with an ultra-slim 3.2mm frame height is $149, but during this launch it's only $80 USD.

If you have any questions, if you're interested in backing the project or if you just want to check out our launch video, check it out here:

http://www.breakthrough.photography/ (http://http://www.breakthrough.photography/)

And if you have any questions or comments please, hit the reply button and tell me. I'm all ears.

(https://app.box.com/shared/static/2rcqk853lde46i7qc40i.jpg)
(https://app.box.com/shared/static/k62j5htmt1q8y9vvadt4.jpg)
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Iwill on November 08, 2014, 12:04:06 am
The products look great.  I've signed on as a backer on Kickstarter, and will encourage others to do so.

Irv Williams    www.irvsart.com

Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Wayne Fox on November 09, 2014, 01:26:38 am
your links seem to have some errors, neither of them took me to the site.  I had to strip out some quotation marks first.

For others having problems try this link

www.breakthrough.photography (http://breakthrough.photography)
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Graham Clark on November 11, 2014, 01:17:46 pm
your links seem to have some errors, neither of them took me to the site.  I had to strip out some quotation marks first.

For others having problems try this link

www.breakthrough.photography (http://breakthrough.photography)

Thanks Wayne :)
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Schewe on November 12, 2014, 10:11:27 pm
And if you have any questions or comments please, hit the reply button and tell me. I'm all ears.


Care to explain why you are using Art Wolfe's name in your subject line?
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: allegretto on November 12, 2014, 11:07:36 pm
Care to explain why you are using Art Wolfe's name in your subject line?

Leave it to you Schewe... ROFLMAO...

What's in a name anyway... right?
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2014, 12:24:22 pm
I was thinking of naming my cat Adobe™, but then I remembered: I don't have a cat.   :'(
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Colorado David on November 13, 2014, 02:03:00 pm
I was thinking of naming my cat Adobe™, but then I remembered: I don't have a cat.   :'(

If you built a house in the American Southwest of bricks made of straw and locally sourced clay, what would you call it?
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2014, 03:13:14 pm
If you built a house in the American Southwest of bricks made of straw and locally sourced clay, what would you call it?
Well, if it has a roof and no windows, I might call it Darkroom. But if it had no roof, I might call it LightRoom™.  ;)

But I don't think I'd call it Art Wolfe.

Sorry to wander off topic. Just musing on "what's in a name?"
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Alan Smallbone on November 13, 2014, 04:17:51 pm
Well, if it has a roof and no windows, I might call it Darkroom. But if it had no roof, I might call it LightRoom™.  ;)

But I don't think I'd call it Art Wolfe.

Sorry to wander off topic. Just musing on "what's in a name?"

If it was in Arizona you could call it a Hogan.....

Alan
Title: Re: Breakthrough Photography filters with Art Wolfe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2014, 05:06:34 pm
If it was in Arizona you could call it a Hogan.....

Alan
;D