Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: RomanN. on November 05, 2014, 12:09:04 pm

Title: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: RomanN. on November 05, 2014, 12:09:04 pm
Hi,
I have a question to CFV-50c and Live view.
I have seen now a video on Linhof Studio that shows this back with Live view on the back.
I thought that oly Leaf and Phase one offers true Live view and Hasselblad only with phocus on Laptop.
What is now true?
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: RomanN. on November 05, 2014, 12:29:23 pm
Did the back get an update?
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: JV on November 05, 2014, 12:37:10 pm
Supposedly there was going to be a firmware upgrade shortly after Photokina.

I am not sure whether that firmware upgrade has already been made available to the public.

Perhaps somebody else can confirm that.
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: voidshatter on November 05, 2014, 01:48:42 pm
I spoke with Linhof Studio last week and they confirmed that the new firmware would bring up LiveView.

http://www.linhofstudio.com/knowledgebank/videos/
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: tjv on November 05, 2014, 02:12:35 pm
CFV-50c live view looks very good. This back is getting more and more attractive everyday...
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: JV on November 05, 2014, 02:27:42 pm
Hopefully the US price gets aligned with Japan one day...  :)
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: tjv on November 05, 2014, 02:36:10 pm
Amen to that!
I'm wondering though, was it the Pentax 645D that had Japanese only menus when bought in Japan? I can't remember... I wonder if Hasselblad would limit the menu language in order to prevent parallel importing in certain countries? I'd hate that to be the case...
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: BernardLanguillier on November 05, 2014, 04:42:39 pm
Amen to that!
I'm wondering though, was it the Pentax 645D that had Japanese only menus when bought in Japan? I can't remember... I wonder if Hasselblad would limit the menu language in order to prevent parallel importing in certain countries? I'd hate that to be the case...

Com'on, Japanese is pretty easy! ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: RobertJ on November 05, 2014, 05:30:06 pm
Can you shoot/take a shot when it's zoomed in at 100 percent?
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: buckshot on November 10, 2014, 05:09:42 pm
According to Google, this is a translation of, 'I would like to order a Hasselblad CFV-50c':

私はハッセルブラッドCFV-50Cを注文したいと思います

(seems to have translated the word Hasselblad as well ?)

Seriously though, if anyone (outside of Japan) does order one from Japan, please give us details of who you ordered it through and how the process went.

Jim
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: BernardLanguillier on November 10, 2014, 05:22:07 pm
According to Google, this is a translation of, 'I would like to order a Hasselblad CFV-50c':

私はハッセルブラッドCFV-50Cを注文したいと思います

Perfect!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: synn on November 10, 2014, 08:09:02 pm
According to Google, this is a translation of, 'I would like to order a Hasselblad CFV-50c':

私はハッセルブラッドCFV-50Cを注文したいと思います

(seems to have translated the word Hasselblad as well ?)

Seriously though, if anyone (outside of Japan) does order one from Japan, please give us details of who you ordered it through and how the process went.

Jim

Just take a vacation trip to Tokyo. It's a beautiful city. :)
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: cerett on November 10, 2014, 08:15:16 pm
Supposedly there was going to be a firmware upgrade shortly after Photokina.

I am not sure whether that firmware upgrade has already been made available to the public.

Perhaps somebody else can confirm that.

I very recently checked the Hasselblad website. The firmware update for live view has not been released as yet, at least for the H5D-50C. Not sure why there is such a delay.
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: Mr. Rib on November 12, 2014, 05:37:46 am
Amen to that!
I'm wondering though, was it the Pentax 645D that had Japanese only menus when bought in Japan? I can't remember... I wonder if Hasselblad would limit the menu language in order to prevent parallel importing in certain countries? I'd hate that to be the case...

Oh come on, that ain't going to happen :) I can't imagine a digital back of modern era could come with no means of changing the language setting.
Title: Re: cFV-50c and Live view
Post by: rogerxnz on November 12, 2014, 04:48:41 pm
I saw the 50c Liveview at Photoplus expo a week or so ago and it is in real time and does not need ND filters as the CCD Liveview does.

Zooming in is fast.

The 50c Liveview leaves the CCD version in the dust!
Roger