Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Len R on November 03, 2014, 04:27:54 pm
-
At Photo Plus Expo I saw some prints on Epson Exhibition Canvas, I liked the look of the Satin.
Has anyone successfully printed to cut sheets on this paper using a 3880? Based on research I've done, it seems Epson's position is that Canvas Matte works ok, but Satin is not compatible with the 3880, and for that reason Epson does not have a 3880 icc profile for it. I've seen some posts on this in other forums and it looks like the results are mixed at best. I would be printing on 17x22 cut sheets.
If you have successfully printed on Exhibition Canvas Satin, please share how you managed it.
Thanks!
Len
-
If you like the look of the Epson Satin canvas, I like it a lot myself, you can have a custom profile made from a number of sources.
They will send you a target to print on the canvas, you will send them the printed target and after running it through a calibration device you will receive a ICC profile.
One even better solution that I use, is to buy a calibration/profile device like the Color Munki, and you will use it to calibrate your monitor and profile every paper you have to every printer you have or will.
I went this route and was money very well spent.
-
It's about a year ago now I head to print on canvas. As I already have a calibrated monitor (with Spyder4Elite), I downloaded the ICC print profile from the RAG website and used this one.
That gave me constant and correct results.
-
All of the "satin" canvas that I have printed, on, Epson, BC, etc. need PK ink not matte. I am not familiar with Epson's profiles on the 3880, but do they have a profile for this canvas for PK ink?
It should work fine, if not try the Glossy canvas profile. The results should be very close.
This is based on my use of the 7800/9880 and 9900 with Glossy or Satin Canvas.
Paul