Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mstevensphoto on November 03, 2014, 12:37:19 pm

Title: new computer new printer, new error messages
Post by: mstevensphoto on November 03, 2014, 12:37:19 pm
Hi,
   I've recently updated from an ipf 8300 to an ipf8400 and the latest iMac still using my favorite lyve canvas. i downloaded BC's new icc profiles for the 8400 and when I print from the photoshop plugin I get a popup that says "the selected profile is an iccv4 profile, ok to continue using the os standard cmm as-is?" - this is a new message for me and I've not got a clue. can you give me some guidance on whether I need to change something else to get the best results from lyve? just click ok and ignore it? I tried the 8300 icc profile which gives no error and far inferior results.
thanks for any ideas.
Mark
Title: Re: new computer new printer, new error messages
Post by: bill t. on November 04, 2014, 01:09:23 pm
Maybe the OS doesn't like version 4 profiles.  Version 2 profiles work just as well, and are pretty universal at this point.  Call up BC and give them a hard time, make them create a version 2 profile from the measured data they already have.  It's easy work in iProfiler, which I believe is what they use.
Title: Re: new computer new printer, new error messages
Post by: crwoo on November 25, 2014, 12:12:55 pm
Hi, I am having the same problem. I use a Colormunki and I dont know if I can make V2 profiles with it.

What does the message mean? will it use and apply my profile? I dont understand it. Please help!
Thanks
Title: Re: new computer new printer, new error messages
Post by: Simon J.A. Simpson on November 25, 2014, 12:31:17 pm
Hi, I am having the same problem. I use a Colormunki and I dont know if I can make V2 profiles with it.

What does the message mean? will it use and apply my profile? I dont understand it. Please help!
Thanks

Yes, you can make Version 2 profiles.  There are a lot of posts identifying problems with Version 4.  For ColorMunki go to the preferences dialogue and select “ICC Profile Version: Version 2” both for the monitor and printer.
Title: Re: new computer new printer, new error messages
Post by: crwoo on November 25, 2014, 12:51:10 pm
ok thank you. i will change to v2. but can you answoer my question if the v4 profiles that i already made are doing their thing?