Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Some Guy on November 03, 2014, 10:59:15 am

Title: CS6 and JavaScript error message.
Post by: Some Guy on November 03, 2014, 10:59:15 am
When I go to straighten an image in CS6 with the Ruler Tool, I then hit the Straighten tab and I get this pop-up Error message:

"Adobe Photoshop CS6
Could not complete your request because
Photoshop was unable to find the JavaScript plug-in"

I installed their ScriptPlugin in the Adobe>Photoshop>Plugins folder in both the 32 and 64 version and still the above error pops up.

Javascript is Verison 8, fwiw.

I don't know where this JavaScript error is coming from.  It's also happening with the FrameShop 0.95 plug-in too.

HELP!

SG
Title: Re: CS6 and JavaScript error message.
Post by: sniper on November 04, 2014, 09:56:06 am
I don't use the script your refering too but normal scripts go in the scripts folder in presets. (or the ones I use do)
Regards Wayne
Title: Re: CS6 and JavaScript error message.
Post by: Redcrown on November 04, 2014, 01:54:18 pm
Don't know if this helps, but my (old) CS6 installation has a Straighten.jsx file in the
C:\Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6(64bit)\Required folder.

So, it's NOT in the ...\Presets\Scripts folder with other scripts.

It's a 9kb file dated 3/15/2012. Same file is in the same place for Photoshop CC and CC 2014.
Title: Re: CS6 and JavaScript error message.
Post by: Some Guy on November 04, 2014, 02:00:42 pm
Don't know if this helps, but my (old) CS6 installation has a Straighten.jsx file in the
C:\Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6(64bit)\Required folder.

So, it's NOT in the ...\Presets\Scripts folder with other scripts.

It's a 9kb file dated 3/15/2012. Same file is in the same place for Photoshop CC and CC 2014.

Interesting.

I show that file, location, and date in CS6 yet it still launches with the "Unable to find JavaScript plug-in" error message.

This seems to coincide with Java version 8 so I don't know what happened to CS6.

SG