Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Ellis Vener on November 01, 2014, 04:43:26 pm

Title: recommendations for Adobe Acrobat PDF training video and books
Post by: Ellis Vener on November 01, 2014, 04:43:26 pm
Having recently tried using the PDF book feature in Lightroom 5.6 and running into a couple of hurdles  I now want to use Acrobat Pro for putting together specialized PDF portfolios. Any recommendations on where I can learn  the program to do this?
Title: Re: recommendations for Adobe Acrobat PDF training video and books
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 01, 2014, 05:35:43 pm
I'm also interested in recommendations. Have you looked at what Lynda.com and Adobe's own Training websites have on offer?
Title: Re: recommendations for Adobe Acrobat PDF training video and books
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on November 01, 2014, 08:48:29 pm
I'm also interested in recommendations. Have you looked at what Lynda.com and Adobe's own Training websites have on offer?

Lynda.com usually has several good instructors which provide solid content. I suggest to just try a few of the free chapters to see who will do the best job for any specific topic.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: recommendations for Adobe Acrobat PDF training video and books
Post by: Eyeball on November 02, 2014, 09:19:36 am
Did you consider InDesign at all?  If the limitations you ran into in LR were more layout oriented than technical PDF issues that might be a good alternative for you.
Title: Re: recommendations for Adobe Acrobat PDF training video and books
Post by: BobShomler on November 02, 2014, 10:05:27 am
Adobe publishes a Classroom in a Book series.  Here's a link if you're seeking a 'book' (rather then video):

  https://www.adobe.com/training/books/acrobat.html