Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: tc95 on October 30, 2014, 06:00:28 pm

Title: Mexican Sugar Skulls ---
Post by: tc95 on October 30, 2014, 06:00:28 pm
Just started editing the photos from this shoot... 


Shot w/ Pentax 645D


(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3955/15666838611_c2e8c3183a_c.jpg)



(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/15482875269_aa1c8eced5_c.jpg)



(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7479/15049378963_96a8deb16a_c.jpg)



(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5604/15483543957_6f29124fa6_c.jpg)


Thanks for looking... Always want to know what you think....
Title: Re: Mexican Sugar Skulls ---
Post by: DF1 on October 30, 2014, 06:14:17 pm
I think they're all very well executed studio portraits. The only quibble I have, is the catchlight in the eye surrounded by jewels in the last shot. The fact that you can tell it's a strobe reflector is a little distracting. But it's a minor point.
Title: Re: Mexican Sugar Skulls ---
Post by: tc95 on October 30, 2014, 11:12:58 pm
I tried playing with it in PS but kept mucking-it-up... I'll attempt it again in a few days... I know was the one thing that bothered me too...
Title: Re: Mexican Sugar Skulls ---
Post by: DF1 on October 31, 2014, 03:42:22 pm
I've never had any luck fixing things like that in PS either. You don't realize how tricky it is until you actually try. Good luck!