Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rxchaos on October 30, 2014, 02:26:04 am

Title: Epson7900 Advanced B+W mode failure
Post by: rxchaos on October 30, 2014, 02:26:04 am
Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem and has a fix...

My Epson7900 will not print in Advanced B+W mode (ABW). Attempts to print in ABW causes the printer to hang, i.e. none of the controls seem to work, you can't cancel the print job - not from the printer and not from the computer.
Printing in other modes work just fine, printing with the option set to "printer manages color" and "application manages color" work as they should. Just not ABW

This is my set up.
- MacPro, OS10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- Epson7900 connected via ethernet
- Printing via PhotoshopCC(2014) or PrintTool or MirageRIP
- It doesn't matter if I connect via USB or ethernet (both TCP/IP and Bonjour), the result is the same
- Printer driver v9.33,
- Firmware HN129C5, A000

I've also tried to print using my MacbookPro (10.9.5) and the outcome is the same.

My guess is that the processor in the printer that handles ABW is dead.  The printer is covered by EpsonSupport, I hope there's a fix for it.

-c
Title: Re: Epson7900 Advanced B+W mode failure
Post by: jferrari on October 30, 2014, 08:44:42 am
Have you checked that you have the correct black selected for the paper you are printing on? (PK/MK)
Title: Re: Epson7900 Advanced B+W mode failure
Post by: rxchaos on October 30, 2014, 09:01:16 am
Yes, I have the right ink set for the paper. MatteBlack for EpsonHotPressBright

Have you checked that you have the correct black selected for the paper you are printing on? (PK/MK)
Title: Re: Epson7900 Advanced B+W mode failure
Post by: Lessbones on December 02, 2014, 03:40:12 pm
So I was having the exact same problem, and I fixed it (almost accidentally) by going into to System Preferences>Printers & Scanners>Epson9900(In my case)>Options & Supplies>Options and turning OFF "Process Job by Printer"

Immediately started working again with ABW
Title: Re: Epson7900 Advanced B+W mode failure
Post by: rxchaos on December 02, 2014, 03:59:16 pm
So I was having the exact same problem, and I fixed it (almost accidentally) by going into to System Preferences>Printers & Scanners>Epson9900(In my case)>Options & Supplies>Options and turning OFF "Process Job by Printer"

Immediately started working again with ABW

That's what I did as well.