Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: brianrybolt on October 29, 2014, 08:19:56 am

Title: HP Z3100 - 24” + Canson Baryta paper - Odd colors
Post by: brianrybolt on October 29, 2014, 08:19:56 am
I have been getting some strange colors from the above printer and paper.  For the record:  OS 10.9.5, iMac w/ 16Gb ram and 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 processor.

I have previously used 2 rolls of the Canson paper without any problems whatsoever.  I soft proof the images and then print without any problems.  On my third roll of Baryta, I use the same work flow, soft proof and then print.  The colors and densities are all over the place.  I have been using Canson’s icc profile and thought maybe it was corrupted so I created another profile using my printers Profiler.  The two profiles were almost exactly the same and the Reference prints created by both profiles were 98% the same. 

I have been having great difficulty with skin tones and colors in the blue, blue green and blue violet range (printing pics from my trip to Antarctica).  Density is also a problem, the dark areas are printing much darker than what’s on my monitor.  I have a fully calibrated system.  Could it be a rogue roll of paper?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Brian
Title: Re: HP Z3100 - 24” + Canson Baryta paper - Odd colors
Post by: chez on October 29, 2014, 09:27:20 am
I have been getting some strange colors from the above printer and paper.  For the record:  OS 10.9.5, iMac w/ 16Gb ram and 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 processor.

I have previously used 2 rolls of the Canson paper without any problems whatsoever.  I soft proof the images and then print without any problems.  On my third roll of Baryta, I use the same work flow, soft proof and then print.  The colors and densities are all over the place.  I have been using Canson’s icc profile and thought maybe it was corrupted so I created another profile using my printers Profiler.  The two profiles were almost exactly the same and the Reference prints created by both profiles were 98% the same. 

I have been having great difficulty with skin tones and colors in the blue, blue green and blue violet range (printing pics from my trip to Antarctica).  Density is also a problem, the dark areas are printing much darker than what’s on my monitor.  I have a fully calibrated system.  Could it be a rogue roll of paper?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Brian

Maybe one of your nozzles needs to be cleaned. Did you try a nozzle print check?
Title: Re: HP Z3100 - 24” + Canson Baryta paper - Odd colors
Post by: brianrybolt on October 29, 2014, 09:48:05 am
Yes I did Chez.

Thanks