Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: MrSmith on October 28, 2014, 11:09:04 am

Title: 10x8 velvia and RTP film
Post by: MrSmith on October 28, 2014, 11:09:04 am
I'm moving and have found 2 boxes of 10x8 velvia (10 sheets) in the cupboard under the stairs unopened from 2002 and 3 boxes of RTP-2 from 2000.
I found an open box too so I looked at the surface of the film and could see no spots or mould or anything.

Do these have any value or should I bin them?
Title: Re: 10x8 velvia and RTP film
Post by: gubaguba on October 28, 2014, 04:25:30 pm
Well value to whom.  Would I trust it to shoot something very important, for me no.  Its 14 years old and not refrigerated. According to Kodak radial fogging begins just due to ambient radiation. It is dubious at best but someone might want it. For me if I were to spend time to shoot then money to process it I just wouldn't risk it.  However I sold my 8x10 gear years ago when clients didn't want to pay for it (film and processing) so what do I know. 
Title: Re: 10x8 velvia and RTP film
Post by: MrSmith on October 28, 2014, 06:23:13 pm
I found some boxes of fuji 5x4 quick load provia but they had been opened. I think I'll just stick them on eBay and be honest and upfront about the storage conditions.
I bet the RTP would take some nice moody landscapes though, if I still had a 10x8 I would probably shoot a few sheets.
Title: Re: 10x8 velvia and RTP film
Post by: tnabbott on October 28, 2014, 09:33:03 pm
I suggest trying out a sheet or two.  Depending on the results, you can convey that to potential buyers.  The condition of expired film depends on so many factors that it is unlikely you can estimate its condition accurately without exposing a sheet or two to test it.