Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: gubaguba on October 28, 2014, 09:36:42 am

Title: Responsive HTML Web Gallery
Post by: gubaguba on October 28, 2014, 09:36:42 am
My work flow is pretty basic.  I shoot all images in raw.  I edit make adjustments then upload the images to a directory using a web gallery template.  This is all fine but the current templates are getting kinda dated.  I need something that is HTML 5 ideally, responsive (changes with screen sizes, turning phone and tablets horizontal or vertical), has some gesture controls like swiping through images.  

I have found some templates but they are flash generated or more for website creation not for handling large galleries from day long shoots.  They also tend to be rather slow loading.  

Real life experience would be helpful. If you have examples you are willing to share that would be great.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Title: Re: Responsive HTML Web Gallery
Post by: David Budd on October 30, 2014, 11:20:00 pm
Paul

Try The Turninggate, they have an extensive range of plug-ins specifically designed for Lightroom.

http://theturninggate.net

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/showcase/

-David
Title: Re: Responsive HTML Web Gallery
Post by: RikkFlohr on October 31, 2014, 10:00:58 am
I, too, highly recommend the Turning Gate.
Title: Re: Responsive HTML Web Gallery
Post by: PeterAit on October 31, 2014, 10:27:01 am
I use JuiceBoxBuilder Pro. It creates HTML galleries that can be extensively customized if you can work with style sheets. It does not integrate with LR, but that's a very minor issue. My galleries (see URL below) were created with it.
Title: Re: Responsive HTML Web Gallery
Post by: gubaguba on November 04, 2014, 08:33:17 am
I have looked at Juicebox and it would be the obvious choice, and is really quite good and does a lot very well.  However the LR plugin by default crops the thumbnails and there is no option not to have this.  As I create galleries with sometimes several hundred images in them for clients this is a deal breaker.  Full size thumbnails are essential for user navigation other wise the user needs to view every full-sized image.  Kinda of a bummer because I like everything else about it so well.

I am using a turningate theme now but find it not fully responsive. Juicebox does a much better job at responsive design.
Title: Re: Responsive HTML Web Gallery
Post by: HSakols on November 04, 2014, 08:41:27 am
Anyone use Exhibeo by Softpress?  I'm considering this and the price looks right. 
http://www.softpress.com