Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: billy on October 27, 2014, 05:55:58 pm

Title: New Mac Pro for C1 Pro and FCPX
Post by: billy on October 27, 2014, 05:55:58 pm
I am purchasing a new mac pro to be used primarily with the apps above, but also Photoshop and Bridge. I will be processing 36mb still files and 4k video. Any reco's on configuring a new Mac Pro? I was thinking about the 3.5 ghz 6 core with 12mb L3 cache, and 64 gb of ram, 1 TB SSD, and the dual AMD fire pro d500 GPU's with 3mb GDDR5 Vram.  With crucial ram this will cost about $5300 I think. Anyone care to add their opinion?

Title: Re: New Mac Pro for C1 Pro and FCPX
Post by: jduncan on October 28, 2014, 01:43:09 am
I am purchasing a new mac pro to be used primarily with the apps above, but also Photoshop and Bridge. I will be processing 36mb still files and 4k video. Any reco's on configuring a new Mac Pro? I was thinking about the 3.5 ghz 6 core with 12mb L3 cache, and 64 gb of ram, 1 TB SSD, and the dual AMD fire pro d500 GPU's with 3mb GDDR5 Vram.  With crucial ram this will cost about $5300 I think. Anyone care to add their opinion?



Are you planing to but an external thunderbolt raid?

Best regards,
Title: Re: New Mac Pro for C1 Pro and FCPX
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 28, 2014, 10:07:39 am
Dual D700 really flies with C1 Pro!

Cheers,
Bernard