Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Iluvmycam on October 27, 2014, 06:33:25 am

Title: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Iluvmycam on October 27, 2014, 06:33:25 am

Look, I've been a photog for 46 years. My photos are in nearly 100 museums and public collections around world.
 
Look at how reasonably the original comix art is for even one of the most legendary and rarest of all underground comix.

http://www.amazon.com/Trucker-Fags-Denial-Entire-Book/dp/B008PTHAVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414404336&sr=8-2&keywords=trucker+fags+in+denial+comic

I guess the artists are not getting rich. (except Crumb)

You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy, overvalued photos
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Jim Pascoe on October 27, 2014, 07:39:50 am
Not sure if I'm having an off-day but I cannot quite understand what this post is about.....

Jim
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: SanderKikkert on October 27, 2014, 07:45:09 am
Neither can I  ???
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 27, 2014, 08:06:39 am
True, but how many pencils/sheets of paper can you buy for the price of a Phaseone IQ280? ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: petermfiore on October 27, 2014, 08:21:01 am
True, but how many pencils/sheets of paper can you buy for the price of a Phaseone IQ280? ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
I'm not sure what this means...

Peter
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: PeterAit on October 27, 2014, 10:35:08 am
Look, I've been a photog for 46 years. My photos are in nearly 100 museums and public collections around world.
 
Look at how reasonably the original comix art is for even one of the most legendary and rarest of all underground comix.

http://www.amazon.com/Trucker-Fags-Denial-Entire-Book/dp/B008PTHAVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1414404336&sr=8-2&keywords=trucker+fags+in+denial+comic

I guess the artists are not getting rich. (except Crumb)

You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy, overvalued photos

Wow, a good, old-fashioned troll! You don't see too many of those on LuLa. Thankfully!
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Jim Pascoe on October 27, 2014, 11:33:02 am
I'm not sure we should say more until the OP explains further - after all there maybe some serious typos in the post - or maybe his account has been hacked.....

I seem to remember Iluvmycam has made some rational posts before - so perhaps we should await further clarification.  But maybe a photographer who has pictures in 100 galleries does overvalue their work.
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: RSL on October 27, 2014, 12:43:45 pm
Doesn't it seem strange that a Photographer who has "photos in 100 galleries" isn't willing to use his actual name on a forum like this, or that he doesn't have a web site? Or maybe the rest of the post is just horse-hockey like the initial claim.
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: ripgriffith on October 27, 2014, 01:34:21 pm
Doesn't it seem strange that a Photographer who has "photos in 100 galleries" isn't willing to use his actual name on a forum like this, or that he doesn't have a web site? Or maybe the rest of the post is just horse-hockey like the initial claim.
Why is it, Russ, that you feel the need to attack everyone?  That's usually the earmark of a very insecure person.  I think the OP is just having a little fun, and now you've made it at your expense. Karma?
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: RSL on October 27, 2014, 01:41:40 pm
Thanks for the opinion, Rip. Still haven't found your web site?
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Manoli on October 27, 2014, 01:51:48 pm
Doesn't it seem strange that a Photographer who has "photos in 100 galleries" isn't willing to use his actual name on a forum like this, or that he doesn't have a web site?

Wrong, yet again.
First off try his biography (http://biographyofdanieldteolijr.tumblr.com), then there's both his website (http://danielteolijr.tumblr.com) and one of his projects (http://familyicp.tumblr.com). There are others listed there.

You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy, overvalued photos

He's right.


Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: ripgriffith on October 27, 2014, 02:38:31 pm
Thanks for the opinion, Rip. Still haven't found your web site?
Have you actually looked?  Top of the list in google.  http://ripsart.com (http://ripsart.com)
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: ripgriffith on October 27, 2014, 02:47:43 pm
Not sure if I'm having an off-day but I cannot quite understand what this post is about.....

Jim
A paean to the legalization of marijuana.
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: ripgriffith on October 27, 2014, 03:01:07 pm
You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy, overvalued photos
Andreas Gursky, 4 of the 10 most expensive photographs ever sold, collective value over 12 million dollars.
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Telecaster on October 27, 2014, 04:54:30 pm
IMO the "overvalue" is less about photographers & how they rate their photos…and more about purchasers & their motivation(s) for paying the prices they pay. And whose work they choose to pay those prices to obtain. Seems to me the photos in-and-of themselves play a minor role.

-Dave-
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: stamper on October 28, 2014, 04:36:59 am
Your point being?

Who are you referring to??
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Jim Pascoe on October 28, 2014, 05:56:45 am
IMO the "overvalue" is less about photographers & how they rate their photos…and more about purchasers & their motivation(s) for paying the prices they pay. And whose work they choose to pay those prices to obtain. Seems to me the photos in-and-of themselves play a minor role.

-Dave-

Well in that case you might be right.  I would call that over-priced.  Over-valued to me is not really about price but more about the value in creative or historical context.  Which is why when somebody points out that he has pictures in 100 galleries I suspect he 'over-values' his own work.  But then if I had pictures in 100 galleries I wouldn't feel the need to tell anyone on the assumption that they would know who I was anyway.

Which of course is why you've never heard of me......

Jim
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on October 28, 2014, 07:21:17 am
I have pictures hanging on 100 walls and I neither over nor under value them.  I think that's the right approach. ;)
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: shawnino on October 28, 2014, 08:34:05 am
What is a "rarest underground comix" and how is it significant?
Is it the one where Archie and Jughead explore the Batcave?
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: ripgriffith on October 28, 2014, 09:15:59 am
But then if I had pictures in 100 galleries I wouldn't feel the need to tell anyone on the assumption that they would know who I was anyway.
+1
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 28, 2014, 02:21:16 pm
Wrong, yet again.
First off try his biography (http://biographyofdanieldteolijr.tumblr.com), then there's both his website (http://danielteolijr.tumblr.com) and one of his projects (http://familyicp.tumblr.com). There are others listed there.

How do you link the sites to the individual here? Just curious.

Jeremy
Title: Re: You photogs are delusional when it comes to your crappy overvalued photos
Post by: Manoli on October 28, 2014, 03:47:27 pm
How do you link the sites to the individual here? Just curious.

Hi Jeremy,
He's linked to them before in previous posts. Iluvmycam doesn't post often but his track record is there (in the members section)

Best,
M