Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on October 26, 2014, 10:18:26 am
-
Need studio lighting suggestions regarding floral photography...what might I try?
This has light reflected off white walls and ceiling with the orchids placed looking into back woods..
It seems somewhat flat...what might I do differently?
(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/white-yellow-orchids-on-yellow-green-BG-finished-4-copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/white-yellow-orchids-on-yellow-green-BG-finished-4-copy.jpg.html)
-
I'm new to this type of photography, but I wonder if a very light mist of water would offer a bit of glimmer and add more 'life' to the flowers. Of course, having a second diffuse light source shining on the flowers from off center might also help. BTW, nice phal!
Just some rambling thoughts.
Bob
-
What a very pleasing photo! I find photographing orchids quite challenging and have never really enjoyed my attempts. You've also captured a very nice harmony of colors and out of focus background.
-
Beautiful "necklace" of orchids… Nice and soft light.
-
I thank you for the accolades...what might I do better?
-
I am not sure that you can better this - I mean this positively - and if you try it could become a "never done"
-
it could become a "never done"
That sir, defines every image that I work on. ;D
-
This is well done. Detail, crispness, focus, framing.
I'm not much for flower pictures because I tend to think I've seen them all, we all have seen them all haven't we, but an image of this standard is very much worth looking at. Thanks for posting it.
-
I agree. I's very nice as is, and "improvements" would risk making it look contrived.
-
...what might I do better?
Actually, I like everything about the image - beautiful!
I'm viewing your image on my office monitor. Color management is a foreign concept here - laptops used for excel tables and e-mails only. I'll make sure to view your nine orchids at home.
If you were searching for something to adjust, how about cropping a tad more. Not much, just a wee bit? I love the square format - probably a left-over from my Rolleiflex days.