Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: greyscale on October 25, 2014, 12:32:10 am
-
Found this article, damn shame!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-parks-vandalism-sparks-furor-investigation/
Hope they catch and prosecute this idiot.
John
-
This takes arrogance and self indulgence to a sociopathic level...unbelievable.
-
Just for the sake of a coffee corner talk: What would you say today about that picture if that had been painted two thousand years ago? I bet that it would be a tourist attraction and scientist would tell us about the high standards of art of bygone cultures.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending that vandalism but the world isn't easy. It's a very nature of art that it doesn't please anybody. It's somewhat funny to see how we adore ancient carvings and demonize graffiti at the same time. I don't like that at all but I'm an old fart and I believe that I don't have the right to judge the art of the youth reckless.
Harald
-
I've followed this on a couple of hiking and outdoor forums. The main difference between this idiot's vandalism and the work of ancient people is this woman plainly knew what she was doing was illegal. It is self-indulgant vandalism. I hope she is vigorously prosecuted and gets an appropriate sentence.
-
I've followed this on a couple of hiking and outdoor forums. The main difference between this idiot's vandalism and the work of ancient people is this woman plainly knew what she was doing was illegal. It is self-indulgant vandalism. I hope she is vigorously prosecuted and gets an appropriate sentence.
+1.
-
What would you say today about that picture if that had been painted two thousand years ago?
Shouldn't the question be more like -- What would people two thousand years ago have said about unsanctioned painting in a "sacred" space? Daubing on a statue of the Emperor?