Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on October 22, 2014, 06:14:27 pm

Title: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: RSL on October 22, 2014, 06:14:27 pm
I'd like to get back on the street, but it ain't gonna happen until I get down to Florida. So here's something from the past.
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 22, 2014, 07:57:37 pm
He MUST have safety pins attaching the pants to his shirt.
That's the lowest "low rider" I've seen.
Good one, Russ.
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 22, 2014, 08:25:46 pm
It must have been a vertical panorama, where the stitching software screwed up big time ;)
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: Harald L on October 23, 2014, 02:26:26 am
Fashions they are a-changin'. Those pants show us that the ubiquitous cell phones are a big step ahead (and not the last one).

H
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: francois on October 23, 2014, 02:50:55 am
Short legs!
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: stamper on October 23, 2014, 03:40:34 am
Over large nappies? You should be happy with this capture Russ.
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: langier on October 23, 2014, 09:41:22 am
+1 ;D
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: petermfiore on October 23, 2014, 12:14:49 pm
Great shot....Russ, how far in the past was this shot?
This I happily don't see anymore.

Peter
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: James Clark on October 23, 2014, 12:25:27 pm
So is this "street" or "documentary?"   (Not trying to drag up the debate on what "street" is again, just curious as to what this shot is to you.  I like it, BTW, whatever it is)
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: stamper on October 23, 2014, 12:32:13 pm
I would class it as street. Two people showing interaction and a mystery as to what is happening between them. :)
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: RSL on October 23, 2014, 02:35:59 pm
I'd agree with Stamper.
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: RSL on October 24, 2014, 08:33:06 am
Great shot....Russ, how far in the past was this shot?
This I happily don't see anymore.

Peter

Actually it was only seven years ago, Peter. And you're right. It looks as if the fashion has changed since then.
Title: Re: Mom and Pop and Baby Makes Three
Post by: shawnino on October 24, 2014, 09:04:02 am
Good capture. Nice choice of B&W.

They are clearly on the way to the Belt Store.