Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: James Clark on October 22, 2014, 02:54:06 pm

Title: Doin' Work
Post by: James Clark on October 22, 2014, 02:54:06 pm
Gotta Moooooooove!

Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: RSL on October 22, 2014, 03:00:23 pm
Where is it, James? Looks like Colorado.
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: James Clark on October 22, 2014, 03:07:56 pm
Where is it, James? Looks like Colorado.

Yep.  Just over the CO/NM border on a drive from Santa Fe to Moab.  Good eye :)
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: RSL on October 22, 2014, 03:13:40 pm
Been there, done that, except I didn't get a picture.
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: James Clark on October 22, 2014, 03:20:06 pm
I'm not sure what was going on exactly.  Didn't look like a jailbreak, really, but I can't figure out why someone would be driving his/her cattle along a highway.
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: RSL on October 22, 2014, 04:05:38 pm
I'm not a rancher, so I don't really know, but I've seen the same thing before. There's gotta be a reason.
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: stamper on October 23, 2014, 03:53:21 am
They might have escaped from somewhere? A very nice image. One you should be pleased with. :)
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: James Clark on October 23, 2014, 10:28:33 am
They might have escaped from somewhere? A very nice image. One you should be pleased with. :)

Thanks!  As it is, it's just sort of an interesting documentary photo.  I do wish that the green signpost was gone.  I might have to make it gone at some point I guess ;)

Would be a wholly different picture without the trucks, too.  Maybe not better, mayby not worse, but much different.   
Title: Re: Doin' Work
Post by: stamper on October 23, 2014, 12:38:10 pm
I think you need the trucks. I looks like the cattle has precedence as to right of way and the truckers are giving way. You can't remove the trucks and make it look like the Wild West. I guess - I live in Scotland and never been to the USA, but I have seen John Wayne films  ;) - it looks too modern.