Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Jim-St on October 22, 2014, 11:37:57 am
-
Hi-
I've been trying to Print out of LR on my Epson 3800 today, and found that it all works as normal if I use the "Print" (used to be "Print One Copy") button, but by chance I hit the "Printer" button in error one time, and that's where the trouble started..
Hitting "Printer" or "Print Settings" buttons in the Print module brings up the standard Driver dialog, but if I go to Print Settings in the drop-down menu, I get something unusual (see Attachment 1). This not only looks different from what I expect to see under Print Settings, but also when I try to open the Media Type menu, LR crashes. Happened five times now, and I've restarted the Mac and run Disk Utility, still happens… Other menus fail to drop down, but only Print Settings causes crashing
If I go into the Presets drop-down, and select Default Settings, I get what I'd expect to see (Attachment 2) in the main menu: i.e. menu options for Media Type, Print Quality & Speed, Color Settings etc
So for now I'm ok to print using my existing Presets, so long as I use "Print" not "Printer…", but if anyone can suggest how I might fix this before I need to set up a new Preset, I'd be very grateful.
BTW I'm running LR 5.6 on a Mac Pro from 2006 with Lion 10.7.5, and Print & Scan Prefs shows Driver as v.8.64
Anyone seen this, or can explain/ suggest way forward?
TIA
Regards
Jim
-
It's not directly a solution to your problem, but I found a long tim ago that printer presets (within the print driver) and LR presets didn't play at all well together. I stopped using any presets in the driver and used only settings within LR and all was well again. Things may have changed, but I don't see the point in keeping presets in more than one place (unless you print from PS, I suppose).
Jeremy
-
It's not directly a solution to your problem, but I found a long tim ago that printer presets (within the print driver) and LR presets didn't play at all well together. I stopped using any presets in the driver and used only settings within LR and all was well again. Things may have changed, but I don't see the point in keeping presets in more than one place (unless you print from PS, I suppose).
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy
Thanks for the suggestion - maybe I caused confusion and conflated LR presets and templates :-[ - so when I wrote in para 4 about "using my existing presets" I really meant my existing Templates (in the Print Module l/h panel)
My problem is that as things stand I can't get into the drivers's Print Settings menu to set up paper handling (Media Type, Paper Config, Thickness, Platen Gap etc) that are all basic to building LR Templates.
It looks to me that the driver is corrupted in some way. I think I'm going to have to do an uninstall/ reinstall of the Epson driver, and hope that fixes things
Jim