Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Paul2660 on October 21, 2014, 04:47:26 pm
-
How long does it take for your back, IQ1 or 2 to zoom to 100% on a capture? My 260 isSWan now taking as along as 6 seconds to zoom in on a file. This used to happen with images towards the end of the card, but I am now seeing it on all shots captured to a card.
I only use the 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro cards, and format them in the camera before each shoot.
The 5 to 6 seconds gets a bit tedious, and the fact that about 1/2 of the time the screen takes 3 to 4 seconds to redraw after I attempt to move around the image.
This may have always been the case, but since April I have been shooting tethered so much, and the zoom time is pretty much instantaneous in C1.
I am writing the files as non compressed raw i,e, largest file size possible.
Just want to get some feedback.
Paul
-
Hi Paul,
I estimate no more than 2-3 seconds for double-tap to 100% zoom on my IQ180. Maybe a second or two to move the image around and redraw. It's pretty quick.
I'm using the newer Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB card, 160MB/s, UDMA7. I also format my CF card prior to each use.
Ken
-
Ken:
Thanks, I need to go back and double check as on the last shoot, I was going back and forth between tethered and non. As you know the tethered view to 100% is just so fast. What slows me down, is not as much a single zoom in but attempting to move around the image at 100%, vs being tethered, having a navigator window as a floating tool, then just tapping to the area I need to see.
Paul