Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on October 21, 2014, 07:55:54 am

Title: end of the road
Post by: MattNQ on October 21, 2014, 07:55:54 am
thoughts?

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Other/Walking-with-the-dead/i-48h48Xt/1/L/P8221051mod1-L.jpg)
Title: Re: end of the road
Post by: brandtb on October 21, 2014, 08:23:11 am
The two trees are a nice framing and have interesting shape/shapes in branches. I would pull shadows/blacks up on them and see what happens.  This image to my mind would take a fair amount of work...to make it a good image...not so sure if it could ever be a great image though /B
Title: Re: end of the road
Post by: MattNQ on October 21, 2014, 09:45:58 am
The two trees are a nice framing and have interesting shape/shapes in branches. I would pull shadows/blacks up on them and see what happens.  This image to my mind would take a fair amount of work...to make it a good image...not so sure if it could ever be a great image though /B

Thanks Brandt.
It is one of those images that I like the elements in it, but know there's something that's not quite working, but can't put my finger on it.

Matt
Title: Re: end of the road
Post by: stamper on October 21, 2014, 10:50:45 am
Personally I would leave the blacks and shadows alone. Instead concentrate on brightening the mid tones which imo should be lighter, thus giving you more contrast.
Title: Re: end of the road
Post by: brandtb on October 22, 2014, 12:36:28 pm
Good luck on it Matt