Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: wolfnowl on October 20, 2014, 09:34:18 pm

Title: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: wolfnowl on October 20, 2014, 09:34:18 pm
Well, 1, anyway.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FD5cDOego

Reminds me a little of Jim Kasson's slit scan images.

Mike.
Title: Re: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: athegn on October 21, 2014, 04:14:55 am
A model rail enthusiast I know has used the moving parts of an A3 scanner to computerise his model railway sector plate - a sector plate aligns several tracks with one central track.
Title: Re: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: wolfnowl on November 04, 2014, 11:46:07 pm
Whatever works!
Title: Re: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: stevenf on November 05, 2014, 01:04:41 am
A friend of mine has some amazing work using a scanner.

Have a look

http://www.photoscanography.com

Steven
http://www.friedmanphoto.com (http://www.friedmanphoto.com)
Title: Re: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: luxborealis on November 09, 2014, 12:18:45 pm
A friend of mine has some amazing work using a scanner.

Have a look

http://www.photoscanography.com


Some really beautify work there!
Title: Re: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: petermfiore on November 09, 2014, 01:02:01 pm
Some really beautify work there!


You bet....new ideas lead to ways.

Peter
Title: Re: 101 uses for a flatbed scanner
Post by: Jim Kasson on November 09, 2014, 01:47:15 pm
Well, 1, anyway.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77FD5cDOego

Reminds me a little of Jim Kasson's slit scan images.

Mike.

And I thought I was a masochist for using a Betterlight back! These guys have me beat.

As it turns out, I'm doing slit scan work today, and I have a Linhof bite on my hand to show for it so far.

Jim