Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: pemihan on October 20, 2014, 02:58:56 am

Title: Set uset preset/style as camera default?
Post by: pemihan on October 20, 2014, 02:58:56 am
I have searched high and low and can't find an answer to this question;

I want to make a new camera default that not only includes the ICC Profile but also change to the White Balance and Tint. I can set the ICC Profile to Default to the camera but not the White Balance and Tint. I know about presets and styles but really want it to be applied to all images per default.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks
Peter

Title: Re: Set uset preset/style as camera default?
Post by: terence_patrick on October 21, 2014, 04:54:47 pm
With the way you described the problem, there's only three main ways that I am familiar with to apply a style that can includes WB and Tint:

1. While tethering, under Next Capture Adjustments (in the Capture menu), you can set to the "All Other" adjustment menu to the most helpful choice available to you.
2. If working with existing images select all the images you want affected, copy and apply the settings you want on all the images.
3. While importing, you can choose a style to apply during import under the Adjustments panel.

Anyone can enlighten me, but I've not yet learned of a way to create a default style in C1 that automatically gets applied to images without any kind of user interaction, except those listed above (though they do require user interaction in some form).
Title: Re: Set uset preset/style as camera default?
Post by: allegretto on October 22, 2014, 12:15:23 pm
I use #3 almost exclusively once I get "tuned in"
Title: Re: Set uset preset/style as camera default?
Post by: pemihan on October 25, 2014, 02:59:46 am
Thanks guys...
Sounds like #3 is the way to go if I want the WB and Tint adjusted from the beginning.

Peter