Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on October 19, 2014, 08:26:48 pm

Title: Motorbike racing
Post by: fdisilvestro on October 19, 2014, 08:26:48 pm
Moto2 race, Phillip Island 2014

CxC welcome,

Thanks for watching,
Regards
Title: Re: Motorbike racing
Post by: MattNQ on October 21, 2014, 08:13:33 am
Nice panning.
Most motorsport panning shots I've seen lately are framed fairly tightly around the subject.
I do like this wide pano crop - it takes in more of the race and atmosphere of the race.

I didn't watch any of it this year, but young Jack Miller from up here had a cracker in the Moto3.
Title: Re: Motorbike racing
Post by: fdisilvestro on October 21, 2014, 10:56:51 am
Thanks for your comment

Most official photographers use long telephoto lenses (400 / 600 / 800) to frame tightly on the subjects. Instead, I wanted to include two or more bikes in the panning shot (I made a lot of attempts). I like that the motorcycles form a symmetrical figure, that was pure luck.

Yes, Jack Miller won the Moto3, Here a couple of Jack (#8) during practices

Regards,