Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: ErikKaffehr on October 15, 2014, 03:11:11 pm
-
A Time Life photographer is sent to cover a huge bush fire. His instructions are to meet a light aircraft pilot at the landing strip. Arriving in a hurry as the nearby landscape blazes, he hops into the waiting Piper and shouts “Go go go!” to the pilot. Airborne (and slightly worried by the craft’s dangerous ascent) he barks, “don’t fly directly over the fire, go round to the west so the sun is behind us.”
“Why?” shouts the pilot.
The photographer brandishes his camera and replies sarcastically, “Because I’m a bloody photographer, I’m here to take pictures and I need the right bloody angle.”
You mean you’re not the flight instructor?” says the pilot.
Taken from this article: https://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2013/08/phase-one-iq260-and-iq260-achromatic-backs/
Best regards
Erik
-
Ouch!!!
-
So the guy just soloed.
-
As the pilots say:
"Take-offs are optional. Landings are mandatory."
"You can land anywhere, once."
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one."
Mike.
-
Or, as the USAF's monthly flying safety magazine used to say on its cover: "Flying without wings is not easy."
-
Good one Erik.
-
Excellent!
Jeremy
-
This reminds me of "he died quietly in his sleep - his passengers however, were not so lucky" ;D
-
The version I heard was " I want to quietly in my sleep like my Grandfather did, not screaming like the rest of the people in his car"
-
Ha ha ha!
-
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one."
.. "and a 'great' landing is one after which they can use the plane again". :D
-
Smiling and laughing are reportedly good for your health, I want to thank you all for making me healthier today by just browsing LuLa :)