Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on October 14, 2014, 03:20:58 am
-
Dear printing experts,
I will have to have some 30x40cm Timeless coated Hahnemuhle Museum Etching prints (printed on Epson 9900) mounted.
Since I do not have a press myself, I will need to request a provide to do the mounting for me. I am probably going to look for some Gatorboard mounting since budget is limited (I am afraid that Dibound would be too pricey).
I was wondering whether Timeless coating fine art papers results in additional constraints in terms of the kind of mounting that can be performed?
Does that limit to only cold mounting or is hot mounting possible without any risk of color shifts in the varnish?
Thank you.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Nobody has experience mouting breathing color Timeless coated fine art matte paper?
Thank you.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Sorry, Bernard, but I'm a canvas guy. However, have you considered using a PSA board? I routinely use MightyCore PSA which I buy in 4 x 8 sheets. Very cost effective for my needs. - Jim
-
Hi jferrari
What type of glue do you use to fix canvas to mighty board?
I just received some sheets of it, first time I use it, I had very good results with Miracle muck on Gator before and want to try Mighty board as an inexpensive alternative
Hugo
-
Hi Hugo. PSA stands for "Pressure Sensitive Adhesive" which means that the glue is already on the MightyCore foamcore board. You simply "peel and stick." It's a relatively high tack adhesive but does allow for repositioning so that you can better align your print. There are other PSA boards available (Foam-Cor, Jet Mount, etc.) but they are too easily dented for my needs. - Jim
-
This is what I use. It's low temp and with both prints and post-coated canvas is easy though it takes several minutes to bond.
http://nielsenbainbridgegroup.com/content/foamboard
I think the press I use is about 160-degrees and usually it takes about five minutes to get it to stick properly.
Several years ago, I needed a way to mount several hundred large canvas prints, up to 40x60, and this is what I chose. It's fast and easy and no cutting of the tissue, thus no chaff spoiling the mounting. The project has been in place more than three years and there are no issues.
In any case, see if your local framer has some of the boards that you could test on your own.
-
Have you tried to use miracle muck as heat activated adhesive?
I understand the muck can be use it on a board, let dry, and then position the print and heat on a press to re-activate with good results.
Has anyone tried for prints bigger than 17x22 or so?
The board bends after cooling?