Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: nik on October 11, 2014, 10:42:22 pm

Title: Nikon 810 Users: Can you tether (USB) AND live view (HDMI) simultaneously?
Post by: nik on October 11, 2014, 10:42:22 pm
If any Nikon 810 user out there tethers to Capture One or other software AND uses an external monitor (like a smallHD 7" HD monitor) for viewing video via the HDMI port (also for focus peaking), can you do this at the same time with the Nikon 810 like you can on Canon cameras (5D mkIII)?

I currently have a d800e and a 7" smallHD video monitor and cannot do this. As soon as I plug in a USB cable to tether to CaptureOne, the live view (HDMI) feed stops. Annoying as I'd like to do this simultaneously, mostly for the focus peaking function of the monitor (I use manual lenses)

Hoping Nikon added this functionality in the D810.

Someone please make my day.
Title: Re: Nikon 810 Users: Can you tether (USB) AND live view (HDMI) simultaneously?
Post by: galupi20 on October 18, 2014, 10:58:30 am
Hi Nik. I got this answer fro Nikon.

 Subject
D800 : HDMI and USB port output
 
 Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Samuel P.)   08/26/2013 05:22 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nikon. I'll be more than glad to assist you. You can only use one port at a time. You cannot connect the D800 to a computer via USB and connect it to a monitor via HDMI at the same time.

Reference Number: 130826-001104

Best Regards,
Samuel
Customer Service Support
 

Thanks for using Nikon products!

Nikon Inc. (USA) Service & Support
http://support.nikonusa.com

Luis