Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bhconcept on October 10, 2014, 02:47:52 pm
-
Hey everyone,
I am somewhat new here. We purchased a new Canon 8400 and are bringing our canvas printing in house for my photography. I am looking for a roll canvas that is not super pricey, easy to work with and good quality. Also would love opinions on where you buy your stretcher bars, varnish, etc!! Thanks!
-
I use Lexjet for my canvas/papers and IT Supplies for my ClearShield Coating. Very good prices.
-
Thanks!
-
Do any of you have a preferred stretcher bar vendor or type you like to use? We will be stapling them with an air gun in house.
-
Started using "brick moulding" available at the lumber yards instead of the regular stretcher bars with finger joints. Found it's unprofitable to try and "stock" various lengths of moulding. and the week or so wait to get orders shipped in was bothersome.
-
Best bars I've seen are the spring-loaded ones where once you staple the canvas onto them, you pull out corner lock pieces and the thing snaps outward and keeps the canvas tight no matter the humidity or if it stretches.
Don't know if there is a USA distributor for them, but they are available overseas.
Found them: http://www.wunderbars.com/ (http://www.wunderbars.com/)
SG
-
BH, I get 1x1.5" poplar sticks at 12ft long (.50 cents a linear foot) and 1" quarter round moulding from my local cabinet supply shop. Wood glue to attach and nail gun to hold. Then just cut at 45 degree angles your preferred length. I do this because a lot of my clients want custom designed stuff like 12x19 or something along those lines. Way easier to just cut and make my own. PM me if you want more info on how I do this.
-
I use Epson Exhibition Satin and coat with Premier Imaging PrintShield with a HVLP (kind of nasty stuff, but it dries quick, forgiving and does a nice job). I am waiting to try Breathing Color Lyve canvas soon. I build my stretcher bars out of 2x2. Depending on what the customer wants, I cut and router them.