Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Ron Pfister on November 25, 2005, 10:55:02 am

Title: Looking for intro literature for EOS 350D/Rebel XT
Post by: Ron Pfister on November 25, 2005, 10:55:02 am
Hello all!

I'm planning to present my wife with an EOS 350D (Rebel XT) for Christmas, and I'm looking for literature that will introduce her to this particular camera, and to D-SLR photography in general. I'm interested in either a book or a book/DVD combination. My wife so far has limited SLR experience, and has lately been shooting with digicams only. I'll of course be there to assist her learning process, but I feel that a concise 'outside' reference would be a good idea. I suppose you catch my drift...

Any and all pointers would be highly appreciated!

Warm regards from snowy Switzerland,

Ron
Title: Looking for intro literature for EOS 350D/Rebel XT
Post by: Ron Pfister on November 29, 2005, 10:52:53 am
To add to my original post: I'm leaning towards the Magic Lantern Guide by David Guncheon. Does anyone have experience with Magic Lantern Guides or books by David Guncheon? Are Magic Lantern Guides suitable for beginners?

TIA for any feedback!

Cheers,

Ron
Title: Looking for intro literature for EOS 350D/Rebel XT
Post by: Ron Pfister on December 06, 2005, 06:10:50 pm
My own private thread. Fun, isn't it?

I ordered the Guncheon/Magic Lantern book. Once I've seen it in detail, I'll let you know what I think...

Cheers,

Ron
Title: Looking for intro literature for EOS 350D/Rebel XT
Post by: DarkPenguin on December 06, 2005, 06:15:10 pm
Canon Digital Learning Center @ photoworkshop.com ....

http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/ (http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/)