Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on October 10, 2014, 06:44:21 am
-
C&C welcome
-
Possibly a little too much sky Bill? Overall a nice pleasing image and nicely processed.
-
I like the foreground, there's a lot to look at, but I feel I'm leaning looking at the shot.
That could be old age. ;)
I would also agree there could be more foreground less sky.
Overall the processing looks very good.
-
Thanks for the comments. It was a bit of a grab shot, as I drove down the lane I could see the view, managed to stop briefly at a gateway, jump out, take a quick couple of frames, then had to get back in the car & move as a tractor pulled up behind me. I think in retrospect, less sky would be the way to go
-
Feels cold enough to me to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!
Nice.
Tony Jay
-
It has a lot of very interesting elements...but in B/W doesn't work for me. I would very much be interested in seeing what happens between the blue (?) sky and the hay (?) colors of the old grasses/fields...and also the color of the cloud band. If it had some really interesting color harmonies going on...it might push the image over the edge so to speak. /B
-
OK, here's my colour version
-
Yeah. It needs the color.
-
OK, here's my colour version
I think that's much better than the b&w you posted, Bill, but I think you could manage a far more sympathetic conversion: the contrast on yours strikes me as very harsh, particularly in the foreground, while the colour version is much more mellow. I appreciate the desire to differentiate between the sharp foreground and the lovely, misty distance, but I think you've overdone it.
Jeremy
-
OK. That's a fair criticism. Might be worth toning that down a bit. Thanks for that.
-
What makes the colour one better for me is the patchwork effect of the grounds . Different fields different colours.
If this was a grab shot, it's very well grabbed IMO.