Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: thierrylegros396 on October 09, 2014, 08:30:51 am

Title: Perfect Photo Suite 9 Noise Reduction possibilities.
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 09, 2014, 08:30:51 am
Hi to all,

I found that Perfect Photo Suite 9 allows you to apply noise reduction to some restricted part of the image.

For example, you can reduce noise only for Greens or for Blue Tones !

Seems to be very interresting in some cases.

Hope Lightroom will integrate such possibility soon.

Thierry
Title: Re: Perfect Photo Suite 9 Noise Reduction possibilities.
Post by: Mark D Segal on October 09, 2014, 08:48:21 am
You can do this with masks and layers in Photoshop, and in Lightroom you can mask areas of roughly uniform hue and apply noise mitigation to the masked area. I don't know Perfect Photo Suite 9, so I can't say how it compares with these options either for ease or effectiveness, but just to make the point that it is possible to do similar with software many of us already use.
Title: Re: Perfect Photo Suite 9 Noise Reduction possibilities.
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 09, 2014, 11:08:41 am
Thanks Mark,

I understand how to do this in Photoshop.

But I don't see how to mask areas of roughly uniform hue in Lightroom.

have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Perfect Photo Suite 9 Noise Reduction possibilities.
Post by: Mark D Segal on October 09, 2014, 11:11:53 am
Use auto mask and paint over the said areas