Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: bjanes on October 08, 2014, 09:31:35 pm

Title: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 08, 2014, 09:31:35 pm
I am a long time windows user and just bought an iMacPro when my windows laptop died. The screen is gorgeous and am adapting well to the OS.

However, one thing that the Mac version of LR seems to lack is the ability to display an info overlay in full screen mode. CMD+J does nothing on the Mac when one is in full screen mode, whereas with Windows it does display the info overlay.

I am using OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and the latest version of LR (ver 5.6).

Thanks,

Bill

P.S.

I am working in the library module for this.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: francois on October 09, 2014, 04:30:06 am
On my Mac, when in Develop mode,  I use just the I key (without command or control), J will show clipped areas.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac--ANYONE??
Post by: bjanes on October 10, 2014, 09:44:45 am
I am a long time windows user and just bought an iMacPro when my windows laptop died. The screen is gorgeous and am adapting well to the OS.

However, one thing that the Mac version of LR seems to lack is the ability to display an info overlay in full screen mode. CMD+J does nothing on the Mac when one is in full screen mode, whereas with Windows it does display the info overlay.

I am using OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and the latest version of LR (ver 5.6).

Thanks,

Bill
 
P.S.

I am working in the library module for this.

With all the Mac users on this forum, I am disappointed that no one has taken the effort to check this out. Is this a bug that should be reported to Adobe, or is it something wrong with my setup? Isn't one of the purposes of this forum to help out others?

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: francois on October 10, 2014, 10:33:21 am
On my Mac, hitting, CMD + J displays the Library or Develop View Options dialog.

Perhaps, I didn't understand your question or issue… If that's the case, then I'm sorry.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 10, 2014, 10:46:26 am
On my Mac, hitting, CMD + J displays the Library or Develop View Options dialog.

Perhaps, I didn't understand your question or issue… If that's the case, then I'm sorry.

Thanks for the reply, but you appear to be in Loupe mode. I want the info overlay in full screen as shown below. Here it is on Windows, but I have no luck with the Mac.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 10, 2014, 10:55:56 am
Bill, it seems to be a feature of Mac (or the lack thereof). So, yes, when in full-screen mode (pressing "F") you can not have info overlay at the same time. The same goes for the "L" mode (lights-off mode, or background dimming), you can't have info overlay either.

I guess the logic is that for both modes the purpose is to see the picture itself, and only the picture, on a clean black background, uncluttered with anything else.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: francois on October 10, 2014, 10:57:59 am
Thanks for the reply, but you appear to be in Loupe mode. I want the info overlay in full screen as shown below. Here it is on Windows, but I have no luck with the Mac.

Bill

Bill,
I think I understand your issue… finally!  If I'm in full screen mode (F) then CMD-J does nothing (10.9.5, LR 5.6).

Edit: Slobodan describes exactly what I see on my Mac…
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 10, 2014, 11:01:28 am
With all the Mac users on this forum, I am disappointed that no one has taken the effort to check this out. Is this a bug that should be reported to Adobe, or is it something wrong with my setup? Isn't one of the purposes of this forum to help out others?

Bill

Sorry for not replying sooner. I saw your question first on my iPhone and said to myself I'll check it and reply when I get to my desktop, and then... got distractied :-[
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Eyeball on October 10, 2014, 11:06:56 am
Does the I key work to toggle the info?

If it doesn't, try this:
- In Library mode, show one image (not full-screen, just the one pic full window mode).
- Hit the I key a few times to see if the Info overlay shows (you may need to wait a sec for the image to fully load).
- If that works, then put the image into full-screen mode and see if the I key continues to work.

The behavior of that Info Overlay seems to be a little buggy/inconsistent, even on Windows.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: francois on October 10, 2014, 11:10:41 am
Does the I key work to toggle the info?

If it doesn't, try this:
- In Library mode, show one image (not full-screen, just the one pic full window mode).
- Hit the I key a few times to see if the Info overlay shows (you may need to wait a sec for the image to fully load).
- If that works, then put the image into full-screen mode and see if the I key continues to work.

The behavior of that Info Overlay seems to be a little buggy/inconsistent, even on Windows.

The "I" key does nothing once you're in full screen mode. If some info is displays when in non-full screen, the hitting F will only show the image (without the overlay info).
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Eyeball on October 10, 2014, 11:28:21 am
The "I" key does nothing once you're in full screen mode. If some info is displays when in non-full screen, the hitting F will only show the image (without the overlay info).

You're talking Mac, I assume?  It works in Windows, although it seems to require "priming" sometimes in normal view first.  There are some threads in the Adobe LR forum talking about inconsistent Info Overlay behavior.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: francois on October 10, 2014, 11:36:41 am
You're talking Mac, I assume?  It works in Windows, although it seems to require "priming" sometimes in normal view first.  There are some threads in the Adobe LR forum talking about inconsistent Info Overlay behavior.

Yes, I'm using a Mac…
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 10, 2014, 06:44:31 pm
I’m a little confused, but I think the challenge is the buggy info overlay thing, not the OS. for me,  Command J brings up the view options dialog in both library and develop, and it works fine in normal or full screen.  The I (no modifier) key shows the info overlay, and if it isn’t showing it’s because it’s temporarily broken.

To fix it, I always flip from library to develop, trying to get it to show up, and cycling through the 3 options.  I think once it is “working” it seems pretty good  until you quit Lightroom.

There’s probably some “exact” sequence that will bring it back to normal when it doesn’t seem to work, but usually can get it working pretty quickly.

I’d try switching to normal screen mode until the overlay works, then I think it will work once you pop back to full screen.

I just tried it and the info overlay is working fine in full screen ....
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 10, 2014, 07:41:04 pm
Bill, it seems to be a feature of Mac (or the lack thereof). So, yes, when in full-screen mode (pressing "F") you can not have info overlay at the same time. The same goes for the "L" mode (lights-off mode, or background dimming), you can't have info overlay either.

I guess the logic is that for both modes the purpose is to see the picture itself, and only the picture, on a clean black background, uncluttered with anything else.

That rationale makes sense, but in our local camera club we have competitions where we project images for competitions and like to have the title of the image shown and the maker creator identity after the judging is complete. LR wasn't designed for this purpose, but that is what we are trying to do.

Thanks for your imput,

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 10, 2014, 07:51:06 pm
Does the I key work to toggle the info?

If it doesn't, try this:
- In Library mode, show one image (not full-screen, just the one pic full window mode).
- Hit the I key a few times to see if the Info overlay shows (you may need to wait a sec for the image to fully load).
- If that works, then put the image into full-screen mode and see if the I key continues to work.

The behavior of that Info Overlay seems to be a little buggy/inconsistent, even on Windows.

Eyeball,

Thanks for the input, but that doesn't work on the Mac, but it does in windows. I conclude that what I am trying to do is not possible with LR on the Mac.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 10, 2014, 09:14:22 pm
That rationale makes sense, but in our local camera club we have competitions where we project images for competitions and like to have the title of the image shown and the maker creator identity after the judging is complete...

What about Slideshow module in LR? I do not have much experience with it, but isn't it capable of adding such info?
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 11, 2014, 01:56:18 am
I conclude that what I am trying to do is not possible with LR on the Mac.

Guessing I' not understanding what the issue is ... I thought what I described is what your screen capture showed earlier.

Here's the screen capture from my Mac in full screen mode ...isn't this what you are trying to do?

Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 11, 2014, 02:00:44 am
Isn't full screen mode supposed to be with black background, not gray?
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: francois on October 11, 2014, 05:00:37 am
Guessing I' not understanding what the issue is ... I thought what I described is what your screen capture showed earlier.

Here's the screen capture from my Mac in full screen mode ...isn't this what you are trying to do?



Wayne,
You're not in full screen mode! I had the same thought (see my first and second reply in this discussion) but full screen mode is entered when you hit the "F" key (either in the library or develop module).
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2014, 06:39:03 am
What about Slideshow module in LR? I do not have much experience with it, but isn't it capable of adding such info?

Correct. For Bill's purpose, it's what I would use - you have more choice of what fields to show and size/position.

Incidentally, when you go into fullscreen mode (ie hit F in Lr5), the info overlay isn't available on Windows either.

John
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 11, 2014, 08:17:40 am
What about Slideshow module in LR? I do not have much experience with it, but isn't it capable of adding such info?

Slobodon,

An excellent suggestion. I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 11, 2014, 08:39:55 am
Incidentally, when you go into fullscreen mode (ie hit F in Lr5), the info overlay isn't available on Windows either.

John

John,

That is incorrect. See my post #4 above.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 11, 2014, 08:52:18 am
Guessing I' not understanding what the issue is ... I thought what I described is what your screen capture showed earlier.

Here's the screen capture from my Mac in full screen mode ...isn't this what you are trying to do?



Wayne,

I suspect that you are not in full screen view but rather in Loupe with relatively high zoom factor, as Francois indicated above. On my Mac, hitting CMD+J in full screen brings up the View Info dialog, but it is not visible, hidden by the image and there is no response to use of the shortcut key I. If one goes back to Loupe with shortcut key L, the dialog is visible and one can cycle through the info screens by hitting I.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2014, 08:58:38 am
John,
That is incorrect. See my post #4 above.
Bill

Bill, I've checked again and you are correct about Windows.

John
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2014, 09:24:33 am
I've just checked on my Mac too and confirm that "I" doesn't seem to work in full screen "F" mode.

If slideshow isn't suitable, try an "almost full screen mode". Shift+Tab hides the side panels, and T hides the toolbar.

John
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Eyeball on October 11, 2014, 09:37:14 am
Incidentally, when you go into fullscreen mode (ie hit F in Lr5), the info overlay isn't available on Windows either.

Yes it is.  It just may not always appear consistently and may need "priming" as I described in my earlier post.  I was able to get it both in Library and Develop modes with the F key.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2014, 09:46:05 am
Yeah, I already accepted I was wrong about Windows.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Eyeball on October 11, 2014, 09:50:37 am
Yeah, I already accepted I was wrong about Windows.

Sorry.  I missed page 2.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2014, 09:59:32 am
Again, I've already conceded I was wrong. I'm going to edit that post!
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Eyeball on October 11, 2014, 10:33:23 am
Again, I've already conceded I was wrong. I'm going to edit that post!

I was apologizing, John, if that wasn't clear.  I should have checked to make sure I was reading to the end of the thread.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 11, 2014, 10:51:22 am
I was apologizing, John, if that wasn't clear.  I should have checked to make sure I was reading to the end of the thread.

Yes, it was totally clear, and there was no great need for you to apologize anyway. But someone else then corrected me again without reading the full thread, hence my "Again, I've already conceded I was wrong. I'm going to edit that post!" to him. It would all make sense if he hadn't removed his post....
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 11, 2014, 11:22:51 am
Thanks to all who have responded to my post. I posted in the Adobe Lightroom Forum, and users confirmed the problem with the Mac version of LR, and one reported that he reported this as a bug two versions ago and no correction has taken place, so I don't expect that it will be corrected anytime soon.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 11, 2014, 12:45:48 pm
...reported this as a bug two versions ago and no correction has taken place, so I don't expect that it will be corrected anytime soon.

Welcome to the Mac world! If Steve thinks you should have an uncluttered image in full-screen mode, uncluttered it is. It is not a bug, it is a feature. ;)
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: luxborealis on October 11, 2014, 05:24:54 pm
Welcome to the Mac world! If Steve thinks you should have an uncluttered image in full-screen mode, uncluttered it is. It is not a bug, it is a feature. ;)

Honestly Slobodan, don't get started on this crap. This lack of a feature has nothing to do with what "Steve" thinks, even if he could direct things from the grave. It's something Adobe has failed to implement on Mac. It's totally an Adobe thing.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 11, 2014, 06:26:31 pm
I sort of see, but not sure how this is a bug.  The "F" key shortcut is not a short cut to full screen mode.  The short cut to full screen mode is Command/ctrl shift F.  The F key shortcut is labeled "Full Screen Preview", and it's intent is it show the image full screen with nothing interfering.

Why the Windows version treats that differently I don't know, and I don't want to get into a debate of which is "right", but it easily could be argued the bug is in the windows version, as it is allowing something to interfere with the full screen "preview".

And I agree, I'm not sure why "steve" and "apple" are even be brought up in this discussion, as it's obviously an Adobe programming choice/bug, nothing to do with Steve or Apple  Steve probably never even used photoshop.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 11, 2014, 07:27:50 pm
... I'm not sure why "steve" and "apple" are even be brought up in this discussion, as it's obviously an Adobe programming choice/bug, nothing to do with Steve or Apple  Steve probably never even used photoshop.

You guys are taking this thing too seriously. There was a winking smiley at the end of my post. For those humor-challenged, it should indicate, in a visual form, that the post should not be taken too seriously.

However, for the serious part, it shall be noted that, although it might be entirely Adobe's fault or intention, not Apple's, it does mimic Steve's ethos of simple and elegant solutions, even at the expense of extra customer's choice. Apple does have a record of imposing certain solutions they think are beneficial to the customer. And for the record, I am a Mac user and fan.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 11, 2014, 08:26:52 pm
You guys are taking this thing too seriously. There was a winking smiley at the end of my post. For those humor-challenged, it should indicate, in a visual form, that the post should not be taken too seriously.

I assumed it was a jab at something humorous, just didn't really make any sense.  And at my age, that winking smiley looks pretty much the same as all the other smiley's people use, a yellow circle with some black stuff inside it. Really couldn't tell it was "winking". 

But for the record I agree with "steve" in this case ... I have no desire to see anything but my image when I pop into full screen preview.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 11, 2014, 11:26:06 pm
I assumed it was a jab at something humorous, just didn't really make any sense.  And at my age, that winking smiley looks pretty much the same as all the other smiley's people use, a yellow circle with some black stuff inside it. Really couldn't tell it was "winking". 

But for the record I agree with "steve" in this case ... I have no desire to see anything but my image when I pop into full screen preview.

With the Windows full screen you still have that option. While in full screen, hit I 3 times to cycle through the views--no info, info 1 and info 2.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 12, 2014, 12:50:59 am
With the Windows full screen you still have that option. While in full screen, hit I 3 times to cycle through the views--no info, info 1 and info 2.

Bill
understood.  I think it was more an post about an "ah ha" moment, when I realized some of the confusion is because there are  2 Full Screen options, and the F key is a full screen preview which is different than full screen view (which I never use), so there is a little logic to that fact that it doesn't allow things to be put on the screen other than the image. If I have the overlay up and want full screen preview, I definitely want the info to be hidden, although I have no issue if the program allowed it afterwards like the windows version apparently does.

 I"m not sure why one platform is different, whether it is a OS implementation thing, or more to do with the programming teams and their interpretation of their particular OS's interface, or just a bug (and as I said, it could be argued that the windows versions allowing might be considered the bug by some).

Personally I think I should be able to tweak the keystrokes much like photoshop so I can match my workflow. The first thing I do when installing photoshop is change the Fill command to be command - F, because I never use the fade command, and shift-F5 just doesn't work with how my machine is setup.  But that wouldn't help you, because it does appear you really can't get the same thing ... closest you can get is full screen view with info (which isn't quite the same as full screen preview).
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: allegretto on October 13, 2014, 11:52:18 pm
Wait, on my MBP/Retina;

pressing "F" in Library produces picture only. I key does nothing

shift/command/F (no control Wayne) produces "Full Screen" and most certainly will toggle info with the "I" key.. consistently
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Hans Kruse on October 14, 2014, 05:08:00 am
With the Windows full screen you still have that option. While in full screen, hit I 3 times to cycle through the views--no info, info 1 and info 2.

Bill

I think it would be nice if the info overlay was available on the Mac in full screen. I use Lightroom for critique sessions on my workshops and the lack of info overlay makes it necessary toggle back and forth between full screen on loupe view to see the info overlay which should not be needed. As mentioned this is a thing that Adobe could easily provide, of course and has nothing to do with the OS. How much programming and testing would this need? Not much I think :)
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 14, 2014, 12:52:09 pm
Wait, on my MBP/Retina;

pressing "F" in Library produces picture only. I key does nothing

shift/command/F (no control Wayne) produces "Full Screen" and most certainly will toggle info with the "I" key.. consistently

That does work!

Many thanks,

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Hans Kruse on October 15, 2014, 09:15:25 am
Wait, on my MBP/Retina;

pressing "F" in Library produces picture only. I key does nothing

shift/command/F (no control Wayne) produces "Full Screen" and most certainly will toggle info with the "I" key.. consistently

But that's not full screen. The command has no function here and shift F will toggle though filling the screen with Lightoom. Only F will do really full screen.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Hans Kruse on October 15, 2014, 09:16:53 am
That does work!

Many thanks,

Bill

Try it again! Command shift F does the same as shift F for me and it's not full screen.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 15, 2014, 09:30:09 am
I think this is right....

Shift F once hides the application window, again hides the menu bar so you are in not-quite full screen, again brings you back to normal. But it leaves the side panels as they ar.

Cmd/Ctrl Shift F goes straight to no application window and no menu, but also hides the side panels. It's not true full screen, which is F, but in its loupe view you get the Info Overlay.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Hans Kruse on October 15, 2014, 09:36:15 am
I think this is right....

Shift F once hides the application window, again hides the menu bar so you are in not-quite full screen, again brings you back to normal. But it leaves the side panels as they ar.

Cmd/Ctrl Shift F goes straight to no application window and no menu, but also hides the side panels. It's not true full screen, which is F, but in its loupe view you get the Info Overlay.

For me cmd has no function in this case. repeatedly pushing F with shift and cmd does the same as shift alone. I'm using LR 5.6 on Mac.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: john beardsworth on October 15, 2014, 09:38:57 am
I tested that on PC and it was Ctrl Shift F once, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little difference. But its key benefit is hiding all four side panels to get to almost-full screen.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Hans Kruse on October 15, 2014, 10:23:22 am
I tested that on PC and it was Ctrl Shift F once, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little difference. But its key benefit is hiding all four side panels to get to almost-full screen.

I tested again and you are right that the cmd makes the panels go away in the version that covers the most and the toggling works differently. only two times pushing F to go back and forth between LR a s a window and full screen (meaning LR will cover the entire screen, not that a single photo is in full screen). One would still need to push T to get rid of the bottom tool bar. I agree this is a work around, that I also have used before LR 5 which implemented the full screen for a single photo no matter if you were in the library module or the develop module. The current implementation of F is a bit weird in that if I push e.g. R while in full screen nothing shows, but if then push F I will the crop tool. So LR does receive the key strokes and does what is needed but does not move from full screen mode. E,D and G does take LR back from full screen except that D does not if the development mode is already active.... try it out :) This mode is a bit buggy.
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 15, 2014, 02:38:47 pm
Wait, on my MBP/Retina;

pressing "F" in Library produces picture only. I key does nothing

shift/command/F (no control Wayne) produces "Full Screen" and most certainly will toggle info with the "I" key.. consistently
A habit of many who teach regularly (i teach the Lightroom classes here at my store)  is to say or write “command/control” as a modifier, the first being for Mac users, the second for windows users.  My reference was not to use both command and control, thus the / in the sentence. Often you will see option/alt used the same way.

Just some observations between the difference between Lightrooms full screen view (or mode) if you want to call it that, and Lightrooms Full Screen Preview.  Shift -Command/control F is full screen view or mode, and autohides all panels and the menu bar and zooms the working space to fill the screen. (as mentioned, this  is a shortcut to hitting command/control F twice). Since this is the working space, the filter bar at the top and toolbar at bottom remain visible if open, but can be hidden (T and \).  Many keyboard shortcuts still work, for example you can use the , and . key to cycle through the basic panel and the = and - keys to adjust the currently active one (and the i key to toggle through the overlay). As you do this Lightroom pops up a brief dialog on top of the image to let you know which adjustment is currently active, and each time you make an adjustment it pops up the current value of that setting.

Full screen preview is a new function in LR5, which was to replace the need to do multiple keystrokes to get a full screen image with lights out that was required in preview versions. It sort of does a full screen and lights out thing but it is working a little differently, the image is slightly larger because the space for the little autohide triangles are gone and panels are not available. - as might be expected if it’s purpose is to toggle in and out of a quick preview.  In full screen preview mode, most keystrokes are still available but there is a slight difference.  If you move through the basic panel or make changes to a setting, the text alert appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, not in black box in the middle about 25% from the bottom (which is on top of the image) like it does if you are in full screen view or mode.  And as noted, the info overlay cannot be seen in full screen preview (on a mac). So there is some effort to not interfere with the view of the image when in full screen preview mode and either the Mac team interpreted it slightly differently than the windows team, or one version has a bug.

You can get very close to what the OP was talking about.  If you hit full screen view (shift command  F), hide the toolbar (T), hide the filter bar (\), then right click on the background and set it to black, full screen view looks almost identical to full screen preview, with the exception that the info overlay is now visible.  Whether it’s worth all those keystrokes or not (and the background remains black when you move from full screen view) is of course the tradeoff. 
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 15, 2014, 02:41:41 pm
But that's not full screen. The command has no function here and shift F will toggle though filling the screen with Lightoom. Only F will do really full screen.

Hans is correct. CMD-Shift-F is not real full screen. Back to the drawing board. Perhaps in LR6 when it comes out.

Bill
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: allegretto on October 18, 2014, 08:54:43 pm
thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding of your language Wayne… cool Thanks for the other tips too!

well, OK you must also r-click on the background to make it black… the horror… the horror…

If you want info you'll have to settle for a slightly less than true full-screen mode. Never even knew of this "bug". Not really a bug though, I think they figure if you want true full-screen you don't want overlay and they have one for one goal and one for another.

Makes sense to me
Title: Re: Info Overlay in Full Screen on the Mac
Post by: bjanes on October 18, 2014, 09:47:13 pm
thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding of your language Wayne… cool Thanks for the other tips too!

well, OK you must also r-click on the background to make it black… the horror… the horror…

If you want info you'll have to settle for a slightly less than true full-screen mode. Never even knew of this "bug". Not really a bug though, I think they figure if you want true full-screen you don't want overlay and they have one for one goal and one for another.

Makes sense to me

It may make sense to you that the info overlay is not wanted with full screen, but for my application full screen with an info overlay is what I want. It is available in Windows.

Bill