Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: martin archer-shee on October 08, 2014, 02:48:41 pm
-
Has anyone used Art Peel from Breathing Color? If so, what comments? What kind of project?
Martin
-
In addition to the Breathing Color Art Peel I wonder if the Photo Tex product is the same. Anyone try either of these peel and stick products?
Martin
-
you could also throw photo fab into the mix. They claim it handles being cut better with no fraying
-
Breathing Color's Art Peel appears to be a heavier adhesive media than Phototex. I use Phototex but haven't tried Art Peel or Photo fab yet.
ken
-
Ken
Any comments on the plusses/minuses of Phototex? I am totally new to these peel and stick materials.
Thanks
Martin
-
Don't expect to get the same level of print quality as with photo paper, but otherwise print quality is still quite good considering what you can do with this substrate. I've printed on Phototex signage for clients and stuck them on their store floor---that grabs attention pretty well! Pay particular attention to your printer settings to avoid bleeding in the print. Lexjet has good profiles for Phototex.
I am going to have to try Breathing Color's Art Peel---that heavier weight has me curious, especially if print quality is better.
ken
-
ken
Thanks for your clues on Phototex. I just got a small sample roll and have cut some sheets to run on my epson 3880. I downloaded a profile from Phototex but before I go ahead I am wondering if you have used it in a 3880 and if so you have any setting suggestions. According to Phototex it looks like the paper should be treated as Watercolour radiant white and thus one should use the rear feed.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Martin
-
Have printed a couple of 8.5 x 12 test shots to get started.
I followed the profile suggestion for increased colour (15%) but it seemed to flood the image and make it too dark. Also there was a dark line , from a dark area, down one side about an inch in. Looks like a streak.. Looks like too much ink. Not sure what to do.
Second print with my "regular" density settings etc seems quite good. Now the grand kids have two samples to put on their walls.
Will keep trying to "perfect" but must admit it is a cool concept.
Martin