Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Brent Daniels on October 07, 2014, 02:29:40 pm

Title: Caputure One V8 and tethered Nikon D800. Any bug issues
Post by: Brent Daniels on October 07, 2014, 02:29:40 pm
Hi

I am deciding if to go to Capture One V8 or stay at V7. We are doing a shoot next week with Nikon D800s. Is anyone having any issues shooting tethered to Mac OS 10.9.4 ?
Title: Re: Caputure One V8 and tethered Nikon D800. Any bug issues
Post by: alan_b on October 08, 2014, 04:53:15 pm
I'm just starting to test on a MBP - so far seems to work fine (I'm new to Mac OS 10.9 as well).  I'm testing w/ both a single USB 3 cable and through an active repeater extension.

Annoyances:
Not sure if new or typical - it seems to take ~45s to register the camera after disconnect/power off.  Would be nice to have a Rescan command.
No AF control from the computer?
The multiple focus area feature seems like it would be nice for focussing w/ tilt/swing, but not available for Nikons?
Title: Re: Caputure One V8 and tethered Nikon D800. Any bug issues
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on October 08, 2014, 05:25:44 pm
Hi Alain,

You should have AF control. What's the lens and camera set to?

Correct,  multi AF will not work on the Nikon

David
Title: Re: Caputure One V8 and tethered Nikon D800. Any bug issues
Post by: alan_b on October 12, 2014, 02:10:24 am
Hi Alain,

You should have AF control. What's the lens and camera set to?

Correct,  multi AF will not work on the Nikon

David

Hi, sorry I should have been more clear. 

The live view focus controls work (manually), but I don't see a way to pick a point in the image and AF there?  Camera and lens are both set to AF.  (It works in Nikon Camera Control.)