Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: chuckn on October 04, 2014, 06:59:20 pm

Title: Graflex XL info needed
Post by: chuckn on October 04, 2014, 06:59:20 pm
I have recently acquired a Graflex XL camera. It has a Zeiss 100mm f2.8 Planar lens with a 2x3 Singer focusing panel. It also came with a 3x4 Polaroid back. My questions are:
1) Does anyone on this forum have one of these and use it?
2) Is there Polaroid film still available for this camera? If so where can I buy some?
3) Is it possible to attach a digital back to the camera?

I would love to start shooting with this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck.
Title: Re: Graflex XL info needed
Post by: JV on October 04, 2014, 07:54:56 pm
It also came with a 3x4 Polaroid back.
...
2) Is there Polaroid film still available for this camera? If so where can I buy some?

3x4 is regular packfilm, also called peel-apart film.  Fuji FP-100C is still available:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/18595-USA/Fujifilm_15435626_FP_100C_Professional_Instant_Color.html

Fuji FP-3000B was recently discontinued but it is still available albeit at higher prices:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/843361-REG/Fujifilm_15200772_Instant_Black_White.html/prm/alsVwDtl

You can obviously also buy expired Polaroid film on eBay...
Title: Re: Graflex XL info needed
Post by: Kumar on October 04, 2014, 11:47:51 pm
You can find help here: http://www.graflex.org/helpboard/

Kumar
Title: Re: Graflex XL info needed
Post by: chuckn on October 07, 2014, 09:45:19 pm
Thanks for the links. Ordered some black and white film from bh today.