Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: maogus on October 03, 2014, 05:14:07 pm

Title: Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
Post by: maogus on October 03, 2014, 05:14:07 pm
Hello.
I'm really interested on this lens.
However, I'm concerned with a review on B&H website which says the OSS stabilization system will not work with the Sony A7R.
The reason, as stated by the reviewer, is "the SteadyShot mode is permanely turned-off in the latest firmware because Sony recognizes that the shutter vibration problem interferes with the OSS. Therefore you CANNOT use the OSS with the A7r".
I'll be grateful for some reports on the subect.
Joao
Title: Re: Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
Post by: CptZar on October 04, 2014, 02:40:00 am
I have Body Firmware 1.02 and Lens Firmware  01. I can Switch OSS ON and OFF and I don't know about another firmware version.

Cheers

Jan
Title: Re: Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
Post by: maogus on October 04, 2014, 06:28:16 am
Jan, thanks.